Sheriff's Blotter: Money stolen from home while man sleeps
A Kannapolis man reported $1,200 was stolen from his home while he slept, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.Robert M. Keisler, 2009 Sherwood St., Kannapolis, told deputies the robbery occurred between 9 and 10:43 a.m. April 17.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Garrett Todd Young, 2120 Daugherty Road, China Grove, reported a $700 go-cart stolen from his backyard April 15 or 16.- Charles Evan Hunt reported vandals broke a window out of a Carolina Site Works of China Grove vehicle while it was parked at his 2780 Mount Hope Church Road home the night of April 16. Total loss was $500.
– Richard Charles Cash, 2650 Potneck Road, Woodleaf, reported a $4,500 four-wheeler stolen from his property the night of April 16.
– William L. Earnhardt of Gold Hill reported the battery was stolen out of his 18-wheeler while it was parked at 13525 U.S. 52, Gold Hill, between April 8 and 17. Total loss was $400.
– Matthew Steven Cain, 22, was charged April 17 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Wendy Wallace, 1915 Rainey Road.- Heather Michael Blackwelder, 3510 Old Mocksville Road, reported vandals caused $150 damage to a storm window at her home April 18.- Nicholas Christopher Butcher, 20, was charged April 17 with carrying a concealed weapon during a traffic stop at the intersection of Charlie Walker Road and Central Street in Kannapolis.
– A juvenile was charged April 17 with possession of two small bags of marijuana at West Rowan High School, 8050 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
– Kirk David Laps reported a $20,000 truck owned by Valco Equipment of North Canton, Ohio, was stolen the night of April 17 from 225 Kress Venture Drive, China Grove.- David L. Jones of Salisbury reported April 18 that he was the victim of fraud with a cell phone account.
– Nicholas Wade Moseley, 23, was charged April 18 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Lauren Marie Cloer at 209 Ferrell Lane, Kannapolis.
– Heather Michael Blackwelder reported vandals broke a window April 18 at 3510 Old Mocksville Road.- Terry Lewis Eller reported a burglar broke into a commercial storage building at 1105 Peeler Road the night of April 17.- Billy Ray Stover, 60, was charged April 17 with first-degree sexual offense.
– Gary William Highley was charged April 18 with felony credit card fraud.
– Adam Jermaine Austin, 34, was charged April 18 with felony indecent liberties with children.- Timothy Ray Taylor of TJ’s Taxi reported a fraud April 19 at 530 Miller Road, China Grove.- Kimberly Hunter Miller, 3535 Cauble Road, reported vandals damaged a flood light at her home the night of April 18.
– Perry Propst, 1221 Hat Creek Road, reported the catalytic converter stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at his home between April 14 and 18.
– James John Talis reported vandals broke the rear window in his car while it was parked at 1063 Rogue Court, Kannapolis, April 19.- Terry Radford, 1765 Mount Tabor Church Road, Cleveland, reported his 1990 Honda Accord was stolen from his home while he was away April 18 and 19.
– John Wayne Locklear, 20, was charged April 19 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 3105 E. Ridge Road.
– Pamela Renee McGee, 43, was charged April 19 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 2220 Moore St.
– Fabricio Aponte reported vandals used a large rock to break the windshield in his vehicle while he was at a friend’s house at 204 Winona Ave., Kannapolis, the night of April 19.- Donnie Ray Bowers of Gold Hill reported a pistol was stolen from his vehicle while he was at Teddy Anderson Cutshaw’s 3425 St. Peter’s Church Road home the night of April 19. Cutshaw also reported his vehicle was stolen from the driveway the same night.
– Mary Gwen Hall reported an April 20 larceny at 215 Ellen St.
– Barry Dean Hepler, 48, was charged April 20 with assault on a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office employee at 166 Elliott Drive.
– Grayham Lee Whitley, 8588 Smith Road, Kannapolis, reported a burglar broke into his truck and garage the night of April 19, but nothing was taken.
– Terry L. Taylor, 160 Red Pine Road, Gold Hill, reported a television and two bags of clothing stolen during a break-in at her home between April 18 and 20.
– Sariet Diaz of Xpress Mart No. 27, 2720 W. C St., Kannapolis, reported $56 worth of beer stolen from the store April 21.- Joshua Wayne Dunaway, 23, was charged April 20 with felony preparation to commit burglary or house breakings at 650 Rimer Road.