Sheriff's Blotter June 2, 3
Burglar steals $10,000 worth of jewelry
A burglar ransacked a local home before stealing $10,000 worth of jewelry, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Camillo Mirafuentes reported the break-in at his 1955 Grace Church Road home occurred about 8 a.m. June 3. The suspect also stole a small safe.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Four catalytic converters valued at $800 were stolen off vehicles at Pay Less Auto Sales, 7669 U.S. 52, Rockwell, the night of June 2.
– Mattie L. Wallace reported items valued at $169 stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 6800 Bringle Ferry Road June 3.
– Veronica May Nance, 19260 Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill, reported a $520 computer stolen from her home between May 27 and June 3.
– A 39-year-old woman was assaulted and robbed of money and medication at her Salisbury home June 3.
– Adam Louis Drexel of Salisbury reported he had been a victim of an Internet scam between May 31 and June 3.
– Larry Connor was charged June 3 with simple possession of marijuana and Renae Blackwell with possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop on Choate Road at McCanless Road.
– Travis Lamont Littlejohn, 32, was charged June 3 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance on China Grove Road at Old Beatty Ford Road in China Grove.
– Kylie Christine Sifford, 19, was charged June 3 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance on South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
– Brittany Ann Newton, 19, was charged June 3 with felony breaking and entering a building at 135 Rockwood Drive.
– Jerry Lane Harwood, 18, and Joshua Wayne Dunaway, 23, were charged June 3 with felony manufacturing a Schedule V controlled substance.
– James Michael Johnson, 39, was charged June 3 with making harassing phone calls.
– Christy Michelle Carpenter, 29, was charged June 3 with misdemeanor larceny at 108 Franklin Ave., Kannapolis.
– Allen Junior Mills, 54, was charged June 3 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance at 110 McCleave Road, China Grove.
– Lonnie Ray Parham, 53, was charged June 3 with possession of drug paraphernalia at the intersection Faith Road and Charter Street in Faith.