Sheriff's Blotter: Break-in attempted at explosives storage building
Someone tried to break into a local company’s storage building where explosives are kept, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
A portable radio and wire cutters were stolen in the April 21 incident at Rowan Granite Quarry, 3025 Artz Road.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Vandals caused $400 damage at Bostian Elementary School, 4245 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove, between April 18 and 21.
– Vandals caused $300 damage to windows at Liberty Storage Solutions, 935 Phifer Road, Cleveland, between April 19 and 21.
– Laura Morgan Lucas reported medication stolen April 20 from 1301 Laura Ave., Kannapolis.
– A $400 GPS unit was stolen from a Shaw Energy Services vehicle parked at 535 Peach Orchard Road between April 17 and 21.
– Someone broke into several trailers at Hurley Elementary School, 625 Hurley School Road, between April 18 and 21. Items were stolen and the units vandalized.
– Autumn Baker reported her coat was stolen April 18 from a classroom at West Rowan High School, 8050 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
– Gregory Allen Ball, 160 Pleasant Cove Road, reported a $930 tow dolly stolen from his property the night of April 20.
– Michael D. Fink of Salisbury reported a boat trailer stolen from his property at 440 Lakeshore Drive between April 19 and 21.
– Misty Leighette Hooper, 27, was charged April 21 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 3730 W. Innes St.
– James Matthew Creech, 30, was charged April 21 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 3730 W. Innes St. and with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at Volonte Motel.
– Delores Lane Waller, 9330 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland, reported items valued at $1,755 stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home April 21.
– Tracy Sharice Williams, 33, Douglas Christian Unebert, 35, Joseph Lewis Efird, 25, and Charles Eugene Efird, 22, were all charged April 21 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building. They are accused of breaking into Kenneth Watson Norton’s home at 1830 N.C. 153, China Grove.
– James Douglas Tarlton, 16, was charged April 22 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Rebecca Cobb reported an unknown person wrote four checks on her account April 22.
– Vandals caused $140 damage April 22 to a tile floor at West Rowan Middle School, 5925 Statesville Blvd.
– Brenda Everhart McManus, 42, was charged April 22 with simple assault based on a complaint by Mickey Carl McManus at 180 Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville.
– Gerald Lee Brumley, 43, was charged April 22 with misdemeanor larceny at Derrick’s Travel Plaza, 1105 Peeler Road.
– Joseph Franklin Williams, 36, was charged April 21 with felony obtaining property by false pretense at 204 Allen Lane.
– Jerry Gray Nichols, 44, was charged April 22 with a violation of restrictions on a release order and assault on a female.
– Jeffrey Dean Morgan, 44, was charged April 22 with felony maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for a controlled substance.
– Heather Lannette Morgan, 24, was charged April 22 with possession of drug paraphernalia.
– Tina Lanette Morgan, 41, was charged April 22 with carrying concealed weapons.
– Crystal Tucker Herrera, 28, was charged April 22 with felony breaking and entering a building at 160 Eastover Drive.
– Steven Keith Hunter reported he had discovered that a truck he had bought from a suspect in Kannapolis April 13 had been stolen.
– Vandals caused $140 damage April 22 at West Rowan Middle School, 5925 Statesville Blvd.
– Terry Lee Caudle, 860 Daugherty Road, China Grove, reported two recreational vehicles valued at $3,000 each were stolen from his property between April 21 and 23.
– Ashley Renee Sechler of Salisbury reported a suspect stole medication from her pocketbook while they were in a car together April 23 at 5333 Cavin Lane, Kannapolis.
– Modou Thomas of Raleigh reported items valued at $621 were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 1081 Recovery Road, China Grove, April 23.
– Jeffery Dwight Eury of Granite Quarry reported a $550 dirt bike stolen from 113 Cardinal Drive, Rockwell, between April 12 and 22.
– Marshall Ray Brawley, 1110 Ramseur Drive, China Grove, reported items valued at $5,891 stolen during an April 23 break-in at his home.
– Elsie Turner Benfield, 2875 Agner Road, reported arts, antiques and collectibles valued at $2,500 had been stolen from her home between July 10, 2007, and April 23.
– Corie Ardell Blocker reported items valued at $785 were stolen April 23 from a house being built at 170 Bev Road, Rockwell.