Sheriff's Blotter: Big snake stolen
A $500 Burmese python was stolen from a China Grove home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Johnny William Wilkerson reported the snake was stolen from his 1232 Brookwood Drive home after a burglar pried open the back door April 25 or 26.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Vandals caused $650 damage to a stop sign and two subdivision entrance signs at 900 Harrison Road April 25.
– Bradford Gray Weaver, 535 Baker Mill Road, Cleveland, reported $1,257 worth of roofing tin stolen from his home between Nov. 1, 2007, and April 25.
– Cynthia Cauble Shaver of Richfield reported vandals caused $500 damage to her vehicle April 25 while it was parked at Rockwell Elementary School, 114 Link St., Rockwell.
– Jenina Michelle Kepley of Salisbury reported $1,000 in cash and $10 worth of prescription medicine stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 5035 Faith Road April 24.
– Rodney Lane Little, 48, 130 McField Drive, China Grove, was charged April 26 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Sandra Jean Little, same address.
– Niraida Machin Peralta, 1122 Highland Woods Drive, Kannapolis, reported vandals caused $500 damage to her vehicle while it was parked at her home April 26.
– Two people face drug charges following an April 26 traffic stop on North Long Street at East Innes Street.
Terry Wayne Edwards, 42, was charged with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, and Mary Nicole Hand, 22, was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
– Timothy Scott Hagler, 7380 Blackwelder Road, reported a $500 lawnmower stolen from his yard between April 24 and 26.
– Antonio Warren Rollins, 112 Silk and Tassel Road, Cleveland, reported an $800 lawnmower stolen from his yard between April 23 and 26.
– Michelle Lee Corriher, 27, was charged April 27 with misdemeanor aggravated assault at 320 Peach Orchard Lane based on a complaint by Jason Arnold Lambert.
– Jerry Charles Stafford, 1835 Sells Road, reported coins and other items totaling $11 in value were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of April 26.
– Robin Renee Kramer of Mooresville reported April 27 that she had been defrauded of $27,168.66 by someone online since Jan. 12.
– Robert Lee West of Spencer reported items valued at $600 stolen April 26 from the porch at 108 Barrier Lane.
– Terry Collins reported a suspected embezzlement by an employee the night of April 26 at his 3335 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, business.
– Marvin Alexander Cress Jr., 1060 Long Ferry Road, reported the April 27 theft of 12 chickens, two sheep and a mallard duck from his property. Total loss was $335.
– Walter Marcellous Ketchie III, 740 W. Ridge Road, reported vandals broke the windshield in his vehicle while it was parked at his home April 27. Damage totaled $400.
– Richard Dwayne Cranford, 34, was charged April 27 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at 6914 N. Turner Drive, Kannapolis.
– Aileen Nannette Ansle, 440 Sylvan Road, China Grove, reported $8,000 worth of jewelry stolen from her home between April 24 and 27.
– Timothy Patrick Hannan, 850 Eller Road, Rockwell, reported a $500 iPod stolen from his home April 26.
– Linda Cranford Little, 6914 N. Turner Drive, Kannapolis, reported the license tag stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her home April 27.
– Jeffrey Michael Donnelly, 35, was charged April 27 with second-degree trespassing at 1425 Ebenezer Road, China Grove.
– Kayla Deshannon Guy reported her ATM card was used without her knowledge or permission April 28.
– Kenneth James Fleming, 18, and William Bryant Johnson, 48, were charged April 28 with misdemeanor larceny of $15 worth of beer at Xpress Mart No. 27, 2720 W. C St., Kannapolis.
– John Thomas Bost reported vandals cut water pipes April 25 in a house at 370 Olde Fields Drive, Rockwell, causing $30,000 water damage to the floor in the house.- Gang graffiti was found April 28 painted in the Wendover Drive roadway.
– Thomas Alexander Rankin of Charlotte reported the theft of a $1,000 television from his house at 1255 Panther Point Road, Richfield, between April 25 and 28.
– Cathy Elaine Jones, 50, was charged April 28 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
– Judy L. Brown, 39, was charged April 28 with simple assault at 9999 Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
– April Michelle Stavrakas, 20, was charged April 28 with making harassing phone calls at 2318 Clermont Ave., Kannapolis.
– Mike Houck of Mount Ulla reported a burglar broke into Carolina Stairs, 120 Belk Road, Mount Ulla, between April 26 and 28 and stole items tools valued at $5,885.
– Richard File of Salisbury reported vandals damaged equipment owned by Jim L. Bost Construction Co. at a construction site in the 2000 block of Goodnight Road between April 25 and 29.
– Bryan Marshell Smith of Salisbury reported building materials valued at $617 stolen from a Smith/Son Construction site at 1133 Tidewater Road the night of April 28.
– Daniel Francis Machuga of Salisbury reported someone dug under a fence at Copart, 1081 Recovery Road, China Grove, the night of April 28 and then stole car parts valued at $700.
– Dougles L. Pethel of Richfield reported April 29 that someone tried to use a check from his account at a Wal-Mart in Texas between April 22 and 25.
– Margaret W. McCora-Lawson of China Grove reported a toybox with toys was removed April 29 from a storage building at 434 Backwood Lane, China Grove.
– Sahirah Nadiyah Akbar, 25, was charged April 29 with injury to personal property at 2513 Old Concord Road.
– Anthony Atkinson, 46, was charged April 29 with assault on a female at 320 W. Innes St.
– Randy Eugene Bolick, 34, was charged April 29 with misdemeanor larceny at 2739 Graham Road, Mount Ulla.
– Timothy Corderius Sims, 22, was charged April 30 with assault inflicting serious injury at 629 N. Long St., East Spencer.
– Renard Paul Cuthbertson, 60, was charged April 30 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance at 1465 Cuthbertson Estates.
– Jasmine Lataker, 19, was charged April 30 with simple assault.
– Jonathan Orion Huneycutt, 17, was charged April 30 with possession of stolen goods and buying/receiving stolen goods.
– Dana Aleise Walker, 19, was charged April 29 with purchasing/possession of alcohol by anyone under age 21 at U.S. 29 south at Webb Road.