Salisbury Post advertising, design staffers win 11 state awards
The Salisbury Post won 11 advertising and design awards at the North Carolina Press Association Awards banquet Thursday at the Sheraton in downtown Raleigh.
Attending on behalf of the Post were Len Clark, Audrey Eudy, Karen Hurst and Malynda Peeler.
Salisbury Post winners in the 2208 N.C. Press Association Ad Contest, daily division were:
– First place, best color real estate ad: Karen Heilig-Hurst and Jeana Spry for Century 21 Towne & Country ad.
– First, best use of humor: Malynda Peeler and Lisa Jean Humphrey, for Rowan Diagnostic Clinic.
– First, best community service signature page: Jeana Spry and staff, for YMCA.
– Second, best full color institutional ad: Malynda Peeler and Susan Baker, Rowan Diagnostic Clinic.
– Second, best full color retail ad: Kim Lanter and Susan Baker, God’s Country Outfitters.
– Second, best community service signature page: Lisa Jean Humphrey, Masonic Lodge 576.
– Second, best shared page: staff, various.
– Second, best advertising campaign: Malynda Peeler, Susan Baker and Lisa Jean Humphrey, Rowan Regional Foundation.
– Third, best advertising campaign: Len Clark and C.S. Harwick Hesprich, Summersett Funeral Home 100th Anniversary.
At the recent Southern Classified Conference in Mobile Alabama, competing against newspapers of all sizes from seventeen states, the Salisbury Post won two silver medals: Sharon Jackson, Heather Busch and Kristin Byars for Best Multiple Participation Ad for Baby’s First Christmas, and Len Clark and Sharon Jackson for Best Business Idea, The Birthday Column.