Salisbury City Council to consider permit for sports bar
By Mark Wineka
Salisbury City Council will hold a public hearing Tuesday and consider a special-use permit for a sports bar proposed for 206 S. Main St.
If the business receives all of its approvals, it will be known as the J&L Sports Bar, according to its application.
Council meets at 4 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
In other agenda items, the council will:
– Consider a $1,461,089 contract with Foothills Water & Sewer of Stony Point for the installation of water and sewer improvements for Phase 2 of the 2006 annexations.
The project will provide water and sewer service to properties in the vicinity of Airport Road, Cedar Springs Road, Circle M Drive and South Main Street.
Foothills was the lowest of eight bidders.
– Receive a presentation from Steve Simpson regarding the American Red Cross and its services in Rowan County.
– Consider a site plan change for the McDonald’s restaurant at 1957 Jake Alexander Blvd. West.
– Receive a request from Central Piedmont Builders in connection with building renovations for Ted and Cheryl Goins, who own the property at 101 S. Main St.
– Vote to close the 100 block of East Liberty Street from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday for “Salisbury’s Got Talent.”
The Salisbury Cultural Action Plan Committee will host the event at 4 p.m. Saturday at the F&M Trolley Barn, 125 E. Liberty St.
– Vote to close the 1100 block of Stanley Street from 1-3 p.m. Saturday for the Fulton Heights Spring Tour.
– Vote to close the 100 block of South Church Street from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. June 7 for the Pops at the Post event.
– Proclaim April as Child Abuse Prevention Month and Better Hearing and Speech Month.
– Proclaim May 3-5 as National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Days.
– Note that the season opening of the Salisbury-Rowan Farmer’s Market is 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the corner of South Main and East Bank streets.
– Note that Downtown Salisbury Inc. will host Earth Night Out from 5-10 p.m. Friday in the central business district.
Tuesday’s meeting will be recessed until 4 p.m. April 21, when council will vote on the N.C. 150 annexation.
Council meetings are streamed live at www.salisburync.gov/council/webcast.html.
Contact Mark Wineka at 704-797-4263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.