Rowan Regional employees receive Oistreicher Service Recognition Awards
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Oestreicher Service Recognition Awards totaling $7,000 were presented recently to 31 employees of Rowan Regional Medical Center.
The awards were part of an Employee Appreciation Program begun by Rowan Regional Medical Center trustee and benefactor Irvin Wallace Oestreicher and his wife, Bert.
The Oestreichers, both deceased, donated $200,000 in 1988 to establish the program. The Oestreichers’ daughter, Rachel Oestreicher Bernheim and her husband Charles A. Bernheim, now carry on the family tradition and fund the annual Oestreicher Awards Recognition.
Awards ranged from $100 to $500 based on criteria established by the Oestreichers.Mr. Oestreicher, born in 1900, was a founding member of the Rowan Regional Medical Center board of directors. He served on the board for more than 60 years until his death in October 1997.
Mr. and Mrs. Oestreicher funded the Whitehead McKenzie Medical Library, the Frank B. Marsh Coronary Care Unit, the recovery room, the operating room and other programs for patients at the medical center.
Mrs. Oestreicher was involved with the Rowan Regional Medical Center Auxiliary since its earliest years. She was president of the auxiliary in 1958 and helped create Rowan Regional’s Hospitality Shop, which opened in 1952. Formed in 1936, the auxiliary works to help raise funds and promote better community relations for the medical center. Mrs. Oestreicher died in 1999.
“The medical center is grateful for the generous support of the Oestreicher-Bernheim family,” said Michael Burton, spokesperson for Rowan Regional Medical Center. “This year we are celebrating two decades of their contribution and support for this special program, which has made a lasting and positive impact on Rowan Regional and its employees.”
Oestreicher Award winners for 2008 include:
– Vada Kesler, Women’s and Children’s
– Randy Hurder, Outpatient Surgery Center, Julian Road
– Angie Henderson, Materials Management
– Melvin Norman, Physical Rehabilitation
– Melba Allen, Surgical Services
– Lisa Kester, Pharmacy
– Shun Gill, Anesthesia
– Braze Gilmore, Lab
– Michelle McManus, Outpatient Surgery Center, Julian Road
– Tim Peters, Surgical Services
– Jackie Skeen, Radiology
– Linda Marlene Frye, Hospitality Shop
– Laurie Hayden, Health Information Management
– Jean Reeves, Respiartory
– Theresa Lipscomb, Lifeworks
– Laura Robinson, Environmental Services
– Karen Barringer, Human Resources
– Jenette Robinson, Women’s and Children’s
– Susan Mace, Materials Management
– David Patterson, Materials Management
– Mary Lentz, Case Management
– Charlotte Barber, Surgical Services
– Amanda Allman, Surgical Services
– Steven Sneed, Radiology
– Valerie Blakeney, Food Service
– Anita Miller, Hospitality Shop
– Beverly Teeter, Health Information Management
– Alecia Blackwell, One Call Center
– Kristina Bohall, Respiratory
– Courtney Troxler, Cardiac Rehabilitation
– Lynda Cranfield, Environmental Services
Rowan Regional Medical Center, affiliated with Novant Health, is a private, not-for-profit acute care hospital based in Salisbury with more than 150 active physicians representing more than 35 medical specialties.