Retirements, promotions at Sheriff's Department
By Shavonne Potts
After serving in law enforcement for more than a combined 90 years of service, Capt. Tommie Wood, Capt. Ronnie W. Terry and 1st Sgt. Tommy A. Swing are retiring from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
As those officers retire, several others are getting promotions.
On Oct. 31, Capt. Ronnie W. Terry retired with 291/2 years of service.
On Feb. 1, Capt. Tommie L. Wood will retire with 34 years of law enforcement service — 20 with Rowan Co. Sheriff’s Department, and other years with the Spencer Police Department, the United States Postal Inspectors and the United States Marshals Service.
First Sgt. Tommy A. Swing retired with 30 years of service on Sept. 30.
Capt. Kevin L. Auten was promoted in the criminal enforcement division from a lieutenant in investigations on Oct. 31.
On Feb. 1, John C. Sifford will be promoted to administrative captain from 1st lieutenant for administration.
* 1st Sgt. J. Neal Goodman (staff development) from sergeant.
* Sgt. Gene Smitley (patrol) from investigator.
* Lt. L. Randy St. Clair (investigations) from patrol sergeant.
* Sgt. Jeff A. McCorkle (patrol) from master deputy patrol.
* Sgt. Tim B. Rowland (patrol) from master deputy patrol.
On Feb. 1:
* 1st Lt. M. Terry Agner (administration) from lieutenant in investigations.
* Lt. Reggie L. Bost (investigations) from lieutenant in patrol.
* Lt. J. Neal Goodman (patrol) from staff development.
* 1st Sergeant Tim L. Wyrick (staff development) from investigations.
* Sgt. P. Lane Kepley (investigations) from investigator.
Contact Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253 or email@example.com.