Red Cross sets blood donation schedule for July
American Red Cross sets blood donation schedule for July The summer season has arrived, and the American Red Cross has already seen a drastic drop in the blood inventory.
Blood supplies are currently at low levels and are expected to drop even more as we go into the July 4th holiday. Right now, the Red Cross needs all blood types.
Blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in general good health. A photo ID or Red Cross donor card is required.
All donors who give blood July 1 through Sept. 30, 2008, can enter a drawing to win one of three $1,000 gas cards.
Telephone numbers are provided for the following sites for appointments and more information. Walk-ins are welcome at all sites.
* July 6, 1-5:30 p.m., Concordia Lutheran Church, 185 Concordia Church Road, China Grove. Free T-shirt for all donors. Call Shelby Karriker, 704-857-7051.
* July 8, 1:30-6 p.m., JF Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. Free T-shirt for all donors. Call Ann Coggin, 704-636-0111.
* July 13, 12:30-5 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 108 West Rice St., Landis. Free T-shirt for all donors. Call Lesa Ellis, 704-857-7884.
* July 14, 1-5:30 p.m., American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd, West. Free T-shirt for all donors. Homemade cookies for all donors provided by Subway at Magic Mart. Door prizes provided by Carillon Assisted Living of Salisbury. Call Sherry Smith at 704-633-3854.
* July 16, 9 a.m.ń1:30 p.m., Rowan Cabarrus Community College, 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. West. Call Sherry Smith, 704-633-3854.
* July 20, 1-5:30 p.m., Salem Lutheran Evangelical Church, 5080 Sherrills Ford Road. Free T-shirt for all donors. Call Penny Barger, 704-202-4664.
* July 22, 7:30 a.m.ń5:30 p.m., Rowan County Summer Blood Drive. Sponsored by: Arby’s, Cheerwine, City of Salisbury and Learn Jr. Civitan of Rowan County. At Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. All donors will receive a free T-shirt and special giveaways. Free Arby’s sandwich, hamburger or hot dog. Call Vickie Eddleman, 704-638-2148, or Sherry Smith, 704-633-3854.
* July 26, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Cornerstone Church, 315 Webb Road. Call Evelyn McMahon, 704-855-1218, ext. 14.
* July 27, 1-5:30 p.m., Millbridge Ruritan, 340 Sloan Road. Call Dave Kern at 704-637-9011.
* July 27, 1-5:30 p.m., Woodleaf Community Blood Drive, South River United Methodist Church, 2880 South River Church Road, Woodleaf. Call Rene’ Atwell, 704-278-9185.
* July 28 1:30-6 p.m., China Grove Community Blood Drive. St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 326 N. Main St, China Grove. Call Sherry Smith, 704-633-3854.
* July 29, 3-7:30 p.m. Cleveland Community Blood Drive. In Honor of Kim Degrave, cancer patient, Freightliner employee/UAW Local 3520 member. Sponsored by: UAW Local 3520, Freightliner, Cleveland Lions Club and Cedar Grove AME Zion Church. At Cleveland Lions Club Den, Cemetery St., Cleveland. Hot dogs, door prizes and all donors may enter a drawing for a homemade cake. Call Linda Gregory, 704-633-8984, Elaine Hewitt, 704-278-0661 or Sally Menius, 980-521-6582.
Blood drive information subject to change. Please call the Red Cross office at 704-633-3854 for updated information.