Red Cross classes
The Red Cross uses a “practice-while-you-watch” instructional method, allowing learners to practice what they see, as they see it, instead of practicing skills after they have viewed the DVD segment.
They also offer on-site workplace training.
Courses are held at the American Red Cross building located at 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd., West. They accept cash, check or credit cards. If paying by check, make it payable to EHD American Red Cross. Payment is due at registration.
Call 704-633-3854 to receive more information and to register for a course.
May 2008 courses
* Pet First Aid/CPR ó 10 a.m.-1 p.m., May 3, $25.
* Adult CPR ó 5:30-9:30 p.m., May 5, $25.
* Adult CPR Review ó5:30-8 p.m., May 7, $20. Must have proof of prior certification.
* First Aid ó 5:30-9:30 p.m., May 9, $25.
* Adult CPR/AED/First Aid ó 9 a.m.-4 p.m., May 12, $35.
* Adult CPR Review ó 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., May 13, $20. Must have proof of prior certification.
* Infant/Child CPR ó5:30-9:30 p.m., May 15. $25.
* Babysitting Training ó 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., May 17. $50. Bring a lunch.
* Infant/Child CPR Review ó 5:30-8:30 p.m., May 19, $20. Must have proof of prior certification.
* First Aid ó 9 a.m.-1 p.m., May 22, $20.
* Adult/Child/Infant CPR ó 9 a.m.-2 p.m., May 27, $35.
* Adult CPR ó 9 a.m.-1 p.m., May 30, $25.