Police say vacant house used for shelter
A vacant house has apparently been used for shelter, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Someone broke into the house at 529 E. Liberty St. owned by Fulman Co. between June 9 and 19. Damage to the house and clean up costs total $1,500.
In other Police Department reports:
– Terrie Sherrill Vail reported her pocketbook stolen June 17 from under her desk at the Rowan County Courthouse, 210 N. Main St.
– Jean Ellen Snyder reported prescribed medication stolen from a vehicle parked at 2104 Statesville Blvd. June 18.
– Connie Overcash reported a June 18 vandalism at Cooperstown Dreams Park, 330 S. Main St.
– A 26-foot Penske truck rented June 8 for one day from the Package Store, 475 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., had not been returned June 18.
– Tracy Franklin Kluttz reported a burglar broke into her 1006 Oakmont Court home June 18.
– A 31-year-old woman reported she was assaulted June 19 at 936 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Anthony Brian Smyre, 16, was charged June 17 with second-degree trespassing at 2110 Executive Drive.
– Christopher Lee Beck, 19, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged June 18 with assault with a deadly weapon or assault inflicting serious injury and injury to personal property based on a complaint by Alvin Douglas, 726ć S. Church St. Trial date is July 31.
– Rosa Mae Collins, 39, 837 E. Lafayette St., was charged June 18 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle owned by Calvin Hunter. Trial date is July 24.
– Timothy Deshannon Boyd, 37, and Samuel Caldwell, 17 were both charged with second-degree trespassing June 16 at 521 E. Cemetery St.
Caldwell was also charged June 18 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 503 Park Circle.
– Marty Aligie Burke, 22, and Allen Basiy Leonard, 30, were both charged June 16 with second-degree trespassing at 1614 Standish St.
– Charles Jovan Feaster, 29, was charged June 17 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 400 E. Liberty St.
– Someone broke into James Teal’s 1336 Standish St. home between June 13 and 19.
– Mildred Dalton, 1004 W. Horah St., reported vandals used rocks to break two windows at her home between June 15 and 19.
– Parnel Kelly reported vandals broke a window at his 813 Wesley Drive home June 19.
– Alexis Dawn MacLamroc reported a June 14 vandalism at 215 Depot St.
– Miquel Angel Landaverde reported his identity was stolen between May 27 and June 19.
– Janet Watson Ferguson reported the registration plate sticker was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her 442 Dollie Circle home June 19.
– Gavine Pitner reported a burglar broke into 630 Wiley Ave. between June 17 and 19.
– A 37-year-old man reported someone tried to rob him at gunpoint June 19 at the Cash Points ATM at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Douglas Randall Overman, 40, 244 Dollie Circle, was charged June 19 with felony indecent liberties with a child. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Jakeith Gerald Terry, 19, 639 Linn Lane, was charged June 19 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 716 Victory St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending an Aug. 20 trial date.
– Annie Ruth Hayes, 52, and Vernice Bailey, 35, were both charged June 18 with second-degree trespassing at 511 E. Cemetery St.
– Lucille Gladden Felder, 54, was charged June 18 with second-degree trespassing at 521 E. Cemetery St.