Police Blotter: Woman found asleep in vehicle faces drug charges
A local woman faces drug charges after she was found asleep in her vehicle in the Flower Town parking lot at 729 E. Innes St., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Amy Renee Basinger, 34, 5605 E. N.C. 152, was charged May 4 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of drug equipment/paraphernalia and driving while impaired. She was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
– Several power tools were stolen during a May 3 burglary at Richard’s Custom Cabinets, 623 N. Shaver St.
– A laptop computer was stolen the night of May 2 from the U.S. Army Reserve Center, 1835 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Robert Eugene Briley reported someone cut the soft top of his vehicle while it was parked at 303 W. Thomas St. the night of May 2, but nothing was missing.
– Roger Ray Locklear reported air conditioning units at 322 and 324 W. McCubbins St. were damaged or stolen between April 29 and May 3.
– Shelby Carter Hundley reported vandals broke windows at her 1202 Davis St. home May 3.
– A counterfeit $20 bill was passed May 3 at Hibbet Sports in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Gischelle Jean Smoot reported her purse was stolen May 3 while she shopped at Food Lion, 123 Mahaley Ave.
– Wendy Puckett Vandevere, 41, was charged May 3 with concealment of merchandise at the Goodwill Store, 836 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Yorling Rugama reported vandals cut a tire on her vehicle while it was parked at 729 Victory St. May 3.
– Mechel D’Quay Gadson reported her pocketbook was stolen May 3 at 305 Faith Road.
– Lynn Mitchell Kiser reported a burglar broke into 210 W. 10th St. May 3.
– Rick Lee Hutcherson, 23, was charged May 4 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 225 E. Fisher St.
– Corey Jermaine Goodlett reported someone shot into occupied property at 706 Bringle Ferry Road May 4.
– Elizabeth Brown Henline reported someone broke into and stole items from her vehicle while it was parked on North Church Street at West Liberty Street May 4.
– Frances Dianne Edmundson, 600 Wildwood Drive, reported her pocketbook was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in her driveway the night of May 3.
– Justin Alan McManus reported someone broke into his brother’s truck while it was parked at 123 N. Arlington St. the night of May 3 and stole haircutting tools.
– Shane Nelson Caldwell reported he witnessed someone stealing his bicycle May 4 from 600 Park Ave.
– James Borre reported items stolen after someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked at South Church and West Bank streets May 4.
– A vandalism was reported May 5 at Rowan Public Library, 201 W. Fisher St.
– Larry Dennis Hamilton reported a burglar broke a window at M&L Mini Mart, 1126 N. Main St., May 5.
– Someone broke into the coin-operated vacuum cleaners at TLC Carwash, 931 S. Main St., on May 5.
– Mike Allen, 917 S. Fulton St., reported items stolen after someone broke into his storage building May 5.
– Two credit cards and $364.67 in cash were stolen May 5 from a cash register at Burger King, 700 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Daven Thomas Sullivan, 22, 801 Maupin Ave., was charged May 4 with injury to personal property and telephoning repeatedly for the purpose of annoying based on a complaint by Brandy Rae, 141 Ridge Ave., No. 6. Trial date is June 5.
– A flashlight was stolen from a vehicle parked at 510 N. Lee St. between May 2 and 5.
– Vandals scratched a number of cars the night of April 30 at Bruce Lanier Motors, 904 W. Innes St.
– Kaitlin Kolesnikoff reported electronic items stolen May 6 from her dorm room at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St.
– Agnes Woods Gray, 1144 Laurel St., reported vandals broke a window at her home between May 3 and 5.
– Suzanne Carpenter reported someone forged checks from her account at Wachovia Bank, 130 S. Main St., and Food Lion, Jake Alexander Blvd., between April 8 and 28.
– James Borre reported someone forced open a window in his vehicle while it was parked at 300 S. Main St. May 6.
– Kevin Allen Corpening, 26, and William Jamel Clodfelter, 22, were charged May 5 with concealment of merchandise at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Cedric Cornell Ross, 25, 612 Harrell St., was charged May 1 with felony child abuse/serious physical injury, resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer, misdemeanor breaking and entering a building, misdemeanor larceny, assault on a female and second-degree trespassing. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Edward Lee Coughenour, 40, 418 W. Bank St., Granite Quarry, was charged May 9 with two counts of felony intimidation/interfering with witnesses. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a May 12 court appearance.
– William Grayson Greene, 51, 622 S. Caldwell St., was charged May 9 with felony breaking and entering a building and felony larceny based on a complaint by Travis B. Shulenburger of Salisbury. Greene was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Jamie Lee Hall, 24, 221 Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis, was charged May 2 with carrying concealed weapons, misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia after a vehicle stop on South Main Street. He was released on a written promise to appear in court May 21.
– Nick Lee Justice, 54, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged May 9 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Shirley Stroupe, 216 N. Craige St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is July 1.
– Charles Cletus Carlton, 58, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged May 10 with misdemeanor larceny based on a complaint by Stephanie Nicole Johnston, 6439 Mooresville Road, Kannapolis. He was held under $400 secured bond pending a June 17 trial date.
– Galdino Chico, 38, 170 Drew Circle, was charged May 10 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Maria Fransico Cruz, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing.
– Samantha Renee Everhart, 21, 2205 Woodleaf Road, was charged May 10 with being a fugitive from justice, failing to appear in court and driving while license revoked following a vehicle stop on Statesville Boulevard. She was held under $11,000 secured bond.
– Johnny Eugene Jones, 19, 149 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, was charged May 2 with second-degree trespassing on Salisbury Housing Authority property. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a June 30 trial date.
– Sandra Denise Woolwine, 44, 117 Elm St., China Grove, was charged May 9 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Richard Garret Nelson, 270 Buccaneer Circle. She was also charged with failing to appear in court. She was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is June 26.