Police Blotter – Vandals break door at Overton Elementary
Vandals broke a glass door in the rear of Overton Elementary School, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The incident occurred Aug. 4 at the 1825 W. Park Road school.
In other Police Department reports:
– Yolanda Michele Phillips, 41, was charged Aug. 3 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 316 Grim St.
– Krislyn Lashonda Chunn, 21, was charged Aug. 3 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 316 Grim St.
– Timothy Alan Perkins, 47, was charged Aug. 3 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Sharlette Graham reported that between June 28 and Aug. 4 someone broke into her rented portable storage unit located outside an apartment building that is being renovated at 919 Old Plank Road.
– A burglar broke into Citi Nails & Spa, 1040 Freeland Drive, on Aug. 4.
– Counterfeit bills, one a $20 and the other a $10, were found in deposits made to Community Bank of Rowan. One was from a downtown business and the second from a church.
– Robert Ingram reported a vandalism at 130 N. Merritt Ave. between July 30 and Aug. 4.
– James Dewayne Morrison reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Aug. 4.
– A 20-year-old female reported she was assaulted Aug. 4 at 2345 Statesville Blvd.
– Monique Nicole Brown reported her vehicle was used without her permission Aug. 5 when it was removed from 410 E. Innes St.
– Nathaniel Archibald Carter, 32, was charged Aug. 4 with failure to return hired property.
– Two juveniles were charged Aug. 4 with misdemeanor larceny at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Provita Desean Davis, 835 N. Church St., reported vandals damaged a side window at her home between July 26 and Aug. 2.
– Theodore William Love, 43, was charged Aug. 4 with possession of drug paraphernalia and no operator’s license following a vehicle stop on East Cemetery Street.
– Gregory Matthew Johnson reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 217 Klumac Road Aug. 5.
– A 1997 Ford F-350 truck owned by Norfolk Southern Railroad was stolen Aug. 5 from the Hampton Inn, 1001 Klumac Road.
– A burglar broke into Fancy Nails, 519 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., the night of Aug. 4 and stole money, equipment and products.
– Jennifer Snider Scott, 34, 323 Brookeway West, Lewisville, N.C., was charged Aug. 5 with felony larceny by an employee from Marlow’s Barbecue, 2030 Statesville Blvd. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Money was reported stolen Aug. 4 or 5 from Apartment 114, 2345 Statesville Blvd.
– Israel Velazquez-Martinez, 363 Crown Point Drive, reported his vehicle was used Aug. 5 without his authorization.
– Robert Norton Whitaker reported he was a victim of forgery Aug. 5 at 330 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– David Patrick Frame, 1300 Larchmont Place, reported a burglar broke into his home Aug. 3 or 4 and stolen an item.
– A 31-year-old male reported he was assaulted Aug. 5 at the intersection of Jake Alexander Boulevard and Faith Road.
– Christopher Charles reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Aug. 5.
– Items were stolen from a vehicle parked at 725 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. Aug. 5.
– Brandy Webb reported items stolen from her vehicle while she was at work Aug. 5 at 819 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– A 30-year-old male reported someone tried to rob him with a firearm at 11:20 p.m. Aug. 5 at 508 W. Cemetery St.
– A 32-year-old male reported he was the victim of a home invasion and assault with a gun at his West Horah Street home at 1 a.m. Aug. 6.
– Airel Elese Massey, 17, was charged Aug. 4 with taking or obtaining a financial transaction card at 1939 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Matthew Alan Callahan, 20, was charged Aug. 5 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 500 Park Ave.
– Jonathan Todd Bailey reported the stereo stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 322 John Penn Circle Aug. 6.
– Someone broke into Coin Star vending machines at 323 S. Arlington St. between July 28 and Aug. 6.
– Allan Walton Gilmour reported his vehicle stolen Aug. 6 from a parking lot at 122 S. Avalon Drive.
– Monnie Edward Ashby reported his bike stolen Aug. 6 from 484 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Someone tried to pass counterfeit money Aug. 6 at Pop Shoppe, 1509 E. Innes St.
– Vandals broke a window Aug. 7 at Hardiman & Sons Inc., 131 E. Innes St.
– Antonio Jermaine Allen, 25, was charged Aug. 5 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
– Jerry Daniel Withers, 58, was charged Aug. 6 with carrying concealed weapons at 200 E. Bank St.
– Jimmy Dean Rouse, 51, 312 E. 11th St., was charged Aug. 6 with assault with a deadly weapon/assault inflicting serious injury. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 20.
– Alecia Nicole Rankin, 23, 930 E. Lafayette St., was charged Aug. 6 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Regina Cook, 928 E. Lafayette St. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 22.