Police blotter: Suspect set U-Haul vehicle on fire
Someone set a U Haul vehicle on fire, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The vehicle, owned by U-Haul Co. of Arizona, was parked at 701 W. Horah St. at the time of the arson at 11:38 p.m. July 24.
In other Police Department reports:
– Donald Alfred Brewer reported someone used his credit card to obtain $584.11 worth of merchandise fraudulently July 23 from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– A 20-year-old female reported she was assaulted July 23 at 1506 Lakewood Drive.
– Jeffrey Reid McKnight, 26, 216 Patterson Ave. SE, Concord, was charged July 24 with misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., and with failing to appear in court. He was held under total secured bond of $2,250 pending a Sept. 24 trial date.
– A 35-year-old female reported she was the victim of a July 24 strong-arm robbery at Wilco Hess, 500 E. Innes St.
– Vandals damaged property July 24 at Brown Heating & Plumbing, 414 S. Main St.
– Melinda Sides Shepherd reported a burglar broke into a trailer she owns at 140 Mike Drive on July 24.
– Phyllis Ann Stratton reported items stolen from her purse at 704 E. Innes St. between June 26 and July 24.
– Lesley Payton, 16, 622 W. Council St., was charged July 24 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle. He is accused of stealing items from a vehicle owned by Tamara Renae Marlowe while it was parked at 121 W. Council St. July 24. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Wendy Lynn Shutt, 25, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged July 25 with carrying concealed weapons, procuring or soliciting for prostitution and crime against nature at 815 E. Innes St. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending an Aug. 20 trial date.
– Pamela McHenry Hoyle reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 325 E. Innes St. July 24.
– Kenneth Leon Miller, 42, 927 Richard St., No. 37, was charged July 24 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and driving while license suspended/revoked. He was held under $3,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Hope Latrell Everhart reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1811 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. the night of July 24.
– Taylor Wray Shive reported coins and audio equipment stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 305 Faith Road the night of July 24.
– Crystal Bailey reported a motor vehicle stolen July 25 from 1308 Hillsboro St.
– Tommy Howard Hairston Jr., 20, 604 Candlewick Drive, was charged July 25 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm based on a complaint by Ivery Barton, 2730 Leonard Road. Trial date is Sept. 4.