Police blotter – stereo, handgun stolen from car at Holiday Inn
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A car stereo and a handgun were stolen from a vehicle parked overnight at the Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Darren Thomas reported the theft occurred the night of May 17.
In other Police Department reports:
– John Cletis Jackson Jr., 21, 1425 Melrose St., was charged May 14 at 1215 N. Main St. with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, failing to pay child support and failing to appear in court. He was held under $30,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Alvin Leon Troutman, 46, 101 N. Lee St., was charged May 19 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer and second-degree trespassing as 500 E. Innes St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a July 28 trial date.
– Edward Eugene Sifford, 48, 512B N. Shaver St., was charged May 19 with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 500 block of East Cemetery Street. He was held under $100 secured bond pending a June 30 trial date.
– Mark Allen Reese, 25, 734D Ryan St., was charged May 20 with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury based on a complaint by Terence Elifescher King, 641 Statesville Blvd. Trial date is June 12.
– Antonio Darnell Houston, 19, was charged May 18 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance in the parking lot behind Walgreens, 1906 W. Innes St.
– Joyceline Susanne Villasana, 428 W. Franklin St., reported jewelry stolen during a burglary at her home the night of May 17.
– Rashedia Monique Woodberry, was charged May 18 with misdemeanor larceny of clothing and shoes from Wal-Mart at 323 S. Arlington St.
– Alexandria Pinkston Kenny reported vandals scratched her vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., May 18.
– Norman Eddie Bost, 52, was charged May 18 with misdemeanor larceny of sardine fish steaks from Wilco Hess, 500 E. Innes St.
– Mildred Tanner Campbell reported a May 18 vandalism at 1125 Jordan St.
– Tykeasha Marie Whitfield, 20, and Nalana Manly, 22, were charged May 18 with misdemeanor larceny of food items from Food Lion, 123 Mahaley Ave.
– A car stereo was stolen out of a vehicle at New City Transmission, 215 E. Innes St., between May 16 and 19.
– Matthew Pierson reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Travelodge, 1328 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., May 19.
– Philip Martinez Finney, 41, was charged May 19 with misdemeanor larceny at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Darryl Wayne Bailey reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 606 W. Liberty St. May 18 and 19.
– William Maass reported his wallet stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 231 W. Kerr St. May 17 and 18.
– Calli Ann Atwell, 125 Crawford St., reported items stolen during a May 19 burglary at her home.
– Donnichee Antonio Mason, 19, was charged May 19 with misdemeanor possession of stolen goods from the Alltel store at 910 E. Innes St.
– Someone broke into a coin-operated machine at Campbell’s Coin Laundry, 724 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., between May 16 and 19.
– Melinda Sides Shepherd reported her purse was snatched from her shopping cart May 19 in the Wal-Mart parking lot, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Judy Williamson Earnhardt, 231 W. D Ave., reported the May 20 theft of items from her back porch and fuel from her vehicle.
– Rick Lee Hutcherson Jr., 23, 319 Bendix Drive, was charged May 20 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at the intersection of South Main Street and Military Avenue. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– A 73-year-old man was the victim of a strong-armed robbery as he walked home on in the 900 block of East Innes Street May 20.
– Sylvia May Linko reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1040 E. Innes St. May 20.
– Lynda Kendall Cuthrell, 425 S. Jackson St., reported a burglar broke into her home between May 6 and 20.
– Paige Adair Lang and Brittney Shay Callahan were charged May 20 with shoplifting at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Kenny Lewis Smith reported vandals broke a window in his vehicle at 500 N. Long St. May 20.
– Julius Augustus Cauble reported tools valued at $2,500 stolen May 20 from 3670 Airport Loop.
– Someone tried to cash a counterfeit payroll check May 20 at 2104 Statesville Blvd.
– Simans Adalberto Sanchez, 18, 7327 Creekwood Quorum Drive, Charlotte, was charged May 21 with vandalism, willful and wanton injury to real property and carrying a concealed weapon, a knife, at 812 Old Concord Road. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a June 11 trial date.
– Talita Nicole Torrence reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 406 Lakewood Drive May 21.
– Lee Anthony Chatfield, 32, was charged May 18 with common law robbery.
– Gregory Scott Bowen, 24, was charged May 18 with assault on a female.
– Michael Shunta Bost, 27, was charged May 18 with felony robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons and assault on a female at 400 S. Lee St.
– Bobby Wayne Estes, 53, was charged May 19 with second-degree trespassing at 605 E. Innes St.
– Kendred Alexander, 17, was charged May 19 with interfering with the teaching of students at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road.
– Bobby Allen Gibson, 23, 106 Long Cove Drive, Tuckasegee, was charged May 20 with assault with a deadly weapon or assault inflicting serious injury, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and two counts of assault on a female at 100 Circle Drive. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is June 30.
– Iris Kay Gibson, 46, 459 Thorpe Drive, Tuckasegee, was charged May 20 with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury at 100 Circle Drive. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a June 30 trial date.
– Ronald Anthony Burnsed reported someone broke into several vehicles parked at Ben Mynatt Nissan, 629 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., between May 16 and 19 and removed their radios.
– A burglar tried to break into the N.C. Department of Motor Vehicles office at 124 E. Kerr St. May 19.
– A burglar broke into Tropical Mexican Restaurant, 315 Bendix Drive, May 19.
– Kenneth Bragg reported a heating and air conditioning unit stolen May 20 from 1011 Richard St.
– A burglar stole tools and cash after breaking into Salisbury Tire and Diesel, 625 N. Main St., May 21.
– Luz Milagros Hernandez Torres reported his 1993 Jeep stolen while it was parked at 1306 Park Ave. between May 7 and 21.
– A 51-year-old man reported he was assaulted and robbed May 21 in front of his West Horah Street residence.
– Quinta Carlos reported vandals damaged the back door at her 1614 Standish St. apartment on May 21.
– Amy Brown Lewis, 32, 426 Dollie Circle, was charged May 21 with six counts each of felony forgery of bank notes and felony uttering a forged instrument based on a complaint by Suzanne Carpenter, same address. Lewis was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a first court appearance.
– Warren Antonio Still, 26, 827 E. Lafayette St., was charged May 21 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Asha Moneice Rankin, 801 E. Council St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is June 26.