Police Blotter: Man charged with embezzlement at Goodwill Store
A local man has been charged with embezzlement at the Goodwill Store at 836 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Tony Bernard Chambers, 40, 812 W. Fisher St., was charged June 11 with felony larceny by servants and other employees. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
– Phillip Beasley was charged June 9 with shoplifting at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Cecil Richard Chambers, 27, 3372 Rolling Road, High Point, was charged June 11 with felony auto theft and assault with a deadly weapon or assault inflicting serious injury based on a complaint by Vanessa Chambers. He was held without bond pending a first appearance in court.
– David Winston Joyner, 50, 114 Sycamore Road, was charged June 11 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Tami Joyner, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Aug. 4.
– William Grayson Greene, 622 S. Caldwell St., reported his 1994 Tahoe stolen from in front of his home the night of June 10.
– Nikia Denys Thomas reported two book bags stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 328 W. Liberty St. June 11 after someone smashed a window with a rock.
– Delvin A. James reported a foldout television, DVD player and amplifier stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 734 Ryan St. the night of June 10.
– A burglar broke into Hap’s Grill, 116 N. Main St., June 11.
– Chief R.W. Blackburn reported a U.S. Government camera stolen June 11 from the JROTC classroom at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road.
– Vandals damaged Waggoner Realty Co. property at 625 E. Lafayette St. on June 11.
– Clifford Leroy Long reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 1402 W. Bank St. June 11.
– Terry Lamont McCullough, 21, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged June 11 with simple assault/simple assault and battery or affray. He is accused of assaulting Josh Lee Eby at 38 Kesler St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a July 8 trial date.
– Carlton Richard Doby reported vandals damaged property at 1809 Benjamin Drive June 11.
– Joshua Wayne Cobb, 20, 3125 Statesville Blvd., was charged June 12 with purchase/possession of alcohol by anyone under 21 and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 1000 W. Fisher St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a July 14 trial date.
– Sharmay Perry was charged June 13 with damaging property at 715 Hall St. based on a complaint by Barbara Ellis.
– Petty cash was stolen during a June 13 burglary at All American Trophies, 116 Statesville Blvd.
– Vandals damaged an ATM screen at F&M Bank, 630 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., the night of June 12.
– Jason Grant Bowers reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at the YMCA, 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., June 13.
– Ricky Andrew Miller reported his son’s trombone was stolen from the band room at Knox Middle School, 1625 W. Park Road, between June 6 and 13.
– A 27-year-old female reported she was assaulted June 13 at 39 Knox St.
– Amanda Leonard was charged June 13 with misdemeanor larceny of items from Family Dollar Store, 410 E. Innes St.
– Tammy Alice Chandler reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 114 W. Innes St. June 13.
– John William Myers reported a digital camera was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the driveway at 107 Rudolph Road the night of June 12.
– Bianca Jequilla Summers reported her vehicle was “keyed” while it was parked at Old Navy, 385 Faith Road, June 13.
– Vandals spray-painted a retaining wall behind 914 Old Concord Road June 14.
– Margarita Bonilla-Villegas was charged June 14 with misdemeanor larceny at Payless Shoes in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Frances McGill reported vandals broke a front window at her 608 Catawba Road home between June 7 and 14.
– Christi Hamilton reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1101 Terrace Drive the night of June 13.
– A burglar broke into A-1 Lawn Service, 1518 N. Main St., June 14.
– Larsen Keithley Pant, 1001 Bringle Ferry Road, reported vandals broke a window at his home June 14.
– Willie Brian Jordan, 39, 210 Heron Road, Lexington, was charged June 15 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 825 Ryan St. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Martha Wilkins Fleming reported vandals broke the windshield in her vehicle while it was parked at 1303 Bringle Ferry Road June 15.