Police Blotter: Lafayette Street resident awakened by gunshot
A resident of Salisbury Housing Authority property at 915 E. Lafayette St. reported she was awakened by the sound of a gun being fired just before 10 p.m. July 11.
When she investigated, she found a hole in the wall.
In other Police Department reports:
– Barbara Westmoreland reported vandals damaged a vehicle parked at 216 S. Craige St. July 11.
– Evelyn Clayborn reported someone had used her lost credit card at multiple locations between June 1 and July 11.
– Dinah Chabotip Ngetich reported items stolen from her book bag July 10 while she was at the Rowan County Health Department, 1811 E. Innes St.
– Brook Leann Bullock was charged July 11 with misdemeanor larceny/shoplifting of items valued at $99.79 from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Ronnie Godbey reported a bicycle trailer stolen July 11 from Sweet Peas, 801 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– John Henry Ellison reported he was a victim of a forgery July 11 at 130 S. Main St.
– A juvenile was charged July 11 with shoplifting CDs from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– An assault was reported July 11 at 1101 Crosby St.
– Joshua Griffin was charged July 11 with possession of less than 1/2 ounce of marijuana following a traffic stop at the corner of Cedar and East Lafayette streets.
– Jimmy Lewis Williams, 25, was charged July 12 with second-degree trespassing at 410 W. 15th St.
– David Antonio Wilson, 24, was charged July 12 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 410 W. 15th St.
– A 39-year-old man reported he was the victim of a strong-arm robbery just before 2 a.m. July 12 at 127 S. Main St.
– A juvenile was charged July 12 with misdemeanor larceny of beer and underage drinking at 513 E. Liberty St.
– James Bernard Allen reported a license plate stolen off a vehicle parked at 1305 Old Plank Road July 12.
– Officers investigated a report of shots being fired July 12 at the intersection of Johnson and South Church streets.
– A 28-year-old man reported an unknown subject kicked open the door to his Matika Drive home July 12 and assaulted him.
– Shavonda Lameka Willis reported someone slashed the tires on her vehicle while it was parked at 2205 Woodleaf Road July 13.
– Mateo Bello Hernandez reported his cell phone was stolen by passenger in his cap July 13.
– An 18-year-old female reported she was assaulted July 13 at 804 E. Franklin St.
– A 49-year-old female reported she was assaulted July 13 in her Ryan Street home.
– Kaikeo Sysombath reported tools stolen during a July 13 burglary at his 607 Harrell St. home.
– Cash, cameras and other items were stolen during a July 13 burglary at Rainy Day Books and More, 123 E. Innes St.
– A packet containing $85 was reported stolen July 13 at Wendy’s, 515 E. Innes St.
– Brian Campbell reported a July 13 vandalism at 912 E. Lafayette St.
– Martin Wayne Sherrer reported vandals placed large boulders in the road at the intersection of Old Concord Road and Jake Alexander Boulevard July 14, causing damage to tires on two cars.
– Donna Renee Brown, 39, and Shadonna Brown, 16, both of 1210 W. Horah St., were charged July 11 with simple assault/simple assault and batter or affray based on a complaint by Tara Anita Pharr, 1024 W. Monroe St. Trial date is Aug. 21.
– Brittany Connell Scott, 24, was charged July 12 with second-degree trespassing in the 300 block of North Shaver Street based on a complaint by Ruth Poole Mayberry, 625 E. Lafayette St., No. 4. He was held under $300 secured bond pending an Aug. 21 trial date.
– Mary Elizabeth Hill, 35, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged July 12 with second-degree trespassing in the 300 block of East Innes Street. She was held under $1,500 secured bond pending an Aug. 25 trial date.
– Felisha S. Casper reported a July 14 vandalism at the Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Billy Crawford reported a burglary broke into his 1401 Park Ave. Home July 14.
– Vandals dented the garage door and scratched the side door July 14 at T&T Pressure Cleaning and Automotive, 118 N. Avalon Drive.
– A burglar tried to break into the Habitat for Humanity Store at 125 E. Innes St. Pry marks were found on the back door July 14.
– Doo Guey Wong, 521 N. Shaver St., reported shots were fired at his window July 14.
– Mario Shawn Roebuck reported the July 14 theft of a bicycle from 201 W. Fisher St.
– A 26-year-old female reported she was assaulted July 15 on Foster Lane.
– Lecourtney Quandarrius Murphy, 17, 515 Park Ave., was charged July 14 with possession with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI controlled substance, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and possession with intent to manufacture a Schedule IV controlled substance, all felonies, following a traffic stop. He was held under $15,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Joseph Wayne Harvey reported July 14 that personal checks had been stolen from his home and then forged and cashed at a bank.
– A 17-year-old male reported he was assaulted by unknown suspects July 14 at the corner of West Thomas and South Fulton streets.
– Carlos Eugene Farris, 135 Oakwood Ave., reported a burglar broke into his home through the back door the night of July 14.
– Jerome Lewis Mitchell, 30, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged July 15 with felony possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 400 N. Clay St. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– A juvenile was charged July 15 with misdemeanor larceny at Marshall’s, 375 Faith Road.
– Luis Lopez reported his bicycle was stolen July 15 from 301 Rowan Mill Road.
– Michael Paul Suratt reported his rifle was stolen from his roommate’s truck while it was parked at 201 Lumber St. July 15.
– Latrell Hope Everhart reported the July 15 theft of her vehicle from 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.