Police Blotter: Hitchhiker robbed by strangers who gave him ride
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A 39-year-old man was robbed after he caught a ride with two strangers, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The robbery occurred about 3 p.m. at the intersection of South Ellis and West Monroe streets.
In other Police Department reports:
– William Kenneth Baxley, 214 W. 12th St., reported someone tried to break into his house April 12 by kicking the front screen door.
– Someone tried to break into a Coca-Cola machine at 4412 S. Main St. on April 12.
– Juan Antonio Sanchez-Rodriguez reported vandals caused damage at 298 Patriot Circle the night of April 11.
– Two suspects hit a 37-year-old man in the head and then stole his bicycle about 10 p.m. April 12 at 413 Institute St.
– A 25-year-old female reported she was assaulted April 13 at 530 W. Cemetery St.
– An 18-year-old male reported he was robbed of his wallet at gunpoint April 13 at 702 W. Horah St.
– A counterfeit $5 bill was presented for payment April 13 at Kangaroo Express, 2270 Statesville Blvd.
– Kristy Pittman Cisney reported someone tried to break into 346 Morlan Park Road April 13.
– Lasheika Shavon Summer reported vandals destroyed property April 13 at 711 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
– A 41-year-old man reported he was assaulted April 13 at 400B Cedar St.
– Micah Daniel Thompson reported items were stolen from his truck after it was broken into April 13 at 1811 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Albert Newton Shaver, 306 N. Jackson St., reported a burglar broke into his apartment April 13 and stole money.- Emily Kirk Myers reported someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked at 418 Park Ave., the night of April 13.