Police blotter county – Thieves take $3,200 in equipment
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Items valued at $3,200 were stolen from a Peeler Road yard, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Henry B. Everhart, 1215 Peeler Road, told deputies the items ó a car radiator, an outboard motor and a boat trailer ó were taken between Sept. 1, 2007, and Feb. 9.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Derek Kimbrough, 28, 114 Pine Grove Road, was charged Feb. 13 with assault inflicting serious injury and communicating threats based on a complaint by Anthony Labarbera, 1008 Railroad Ave., China Grove. Trial date is March 20.
– Maria Aleshia Earnhardt McFadden, 42, 915 S. Church St., was charged Feb. 12 with two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. She was released on a written promise to appear in court March 27.
– Tavis Labron Houpe, 31, 16565 Dooley Road, Cleveland, was charged Feb. 11 with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, trafficking in cocaine and maintaining a dwelling used for keeping and selling a controlled substance, all felonies. He was held under $35,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– David Alan Phillips, 39, and Sebrina B. Phillips, 37, both of 360 Sloop St., China Grove, were charged Feb. 11 with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for keeping and selling a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance. He was held under $5,000 secured bond, while her bond was set at $3,000, pending first appearances in court.
– Michelle Marie Hudson, 33, 320 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove, was charged Feb. 13 with three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. She was released on a written promise to appear in court March 17.
– Jerry McCullough of Salisbury reported Feb. 8 that tools had been stolen from his truck while parked at his business.
– Melinda Furtada, 285 English St., reported Feb. 8 that a video game system was stolen during a burglary at her home.
– Timothy Williams, 145 Longleaf Drive, reported meat stolen from a freezer during a break-in at his home.
– Duke Wicker, 20, was charged Feb. 8 with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a vehicle stop on Miller Road.
– David William Smith, 225 Hall Road, Mount Ulla, reported Feb. 9 that 2005 Yamaha motorcycle had been stolen from the carport.
– Barry Allen Morris, 2215 Kenwood Drive, Kannapolis, reported Feb. 9 that several firearms had been stolen from his home.
– Sue Denny, 4260 Mount Hope Church Road, reported the theft and subsequent use of a Wachovia debit card from her home between Feb. 8 and 10.
– Adam Jermaine Austin, 34, 416 E. Henderson St., was charged Feb. 11 with felony obstruction of justice. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Robert Leroy Wilhelm, 56, 516 Eastbrook Circle, was charged Feb. 11 with felony possession of a firearm by a felon. He was held under $17,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Donnilyn Eddy Paddock, 175 Lois Lane, reported items valued at $556 stolen during a Feb. 11 break-in at her home.
– Harold Gee, 380 Gee Drive, Kannapolis, reported tools valued at $675 stolen after someone broke into his garage Feb. 11.
– Christopher Sean Brady, 19, 1520 Surratt Road, Gold Hill, was charged Feb. 11 with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a vehicle stop on Bringle Ferry Road. Trial date is April 2.
– Lee Higgins, 4990 S. Main St., reported Feb. 12 that six dogs had been stolen from his property.
– Sandra McCorkle of Salisbury reported Feb. 12 that someone had stolen her debit card and used it to withdraw money.
– Pamela Bame Wallace, 575 Barber Junction, Cleveland, reported someone tried to break into her storage building between Feb. 9 and 12. Damage to the door totaled $50.
– Thomas Coleman Mabry II of China Grove reported a cinderblock thrown from a passing car damaged his vehicle as he was driving Feb. 12 on N.C. 152 in China Grove.
– Pracilla Norman, 17, 725 Crescent Road, Rockwell, was charged Feb. 13 with refusing to leave a school bus at her stop. Trial date is March 19.
– Robert John Smith, 5670 S. Main St., reported a prospective buyer took a truck he has for sale for a test drive Feb. 11 and had not returned it Feb. 13.