Police blotter: Arsonist sets fire to bush beside house
Siding on a Salisbury house was warped after someone set fire to a bush next to it, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Willie Thomas Mitchell reported the arson occurred July 18 at 125 W. 11th St.
In other Police Department reports:
– Vijay Bale reported vehicles “egged” between July 16 and 18 while they were parked at 414 W. Glenview Drive.
– Doris Pless Miller reported vandals broke a window in her vehicle while it was parked at 168 Ryan St. the night of July 17.
– Aaron Paul Hancock reported a July 18 vandalism at 1202 Celebration Drive.
– Donald Burdette Caldwell reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 1823 S. Main St. the night of July 17.
– Andrea Robbins reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 825 N. Church St. July 17 and 18.
– Beveard L. Root reported a July 18 larceny from 5 Gold Hill Circle.
– Deborah M. Washburn reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 2122 Statesville Blvd. July 18.
– Matthew Lewis Pruitt reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 1070 Freeland Drive July 18.
– Jamie Jerico Horton, 16, 143 Parrish St., was charged July 19 with injury to personal property. He is accused of vandalizing a truck owned by Thomas Watson Hendrix. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 20 trial date.
– Peter Dwayne Hibbert, 31, 1309D Standish St., was charged July 19 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and driving while license revoked following a traffic stop in the 1600 block of Brenner Avenue. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 29 trial date.
– Anthony Todd Horn reported a burglar broke into 211E Bank St. the night of July 18.
– Charles Beeson reported his mo-ped stolen July 19 from the parking lot at 315 Lash Drive.
– Miki D. Massey, 210 Sunset Drive, reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home July 19.
– Roland Bern Cohen reported a burglar broke into 1307 N. Main St. July 19 and removed the cash register.
– Tamara Lynne Herring reported two hub caps stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., July 18.
– Megan Renea Dyson, 16, 178 Mahaley Ave., was charged July 19 with felony embezzlement of property received by virtue of employment at JC Penney in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was released on a written promise to appear in court.
– Erika Sugey Sorto, 136 Sarah Ellen Lane, reported a July 19 vandalism to her home.
– The theft of $61 from a cash register was reported July 19 at Bojangle’s, 901 E. Innes St.
– Sandra Leigh Whisenhunt reported she left her pocketbook at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., July 19. When it was returned to her, $120 in cash was missing.
– Charlotte Ann Isenhour, 23, 2106 Robin Road, was charged July 19 with being intoxicated and disruptive at1504 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was released into her father’s custody. Trial date is Aug. 5.
– Jerry Daniel Withers reported money stolen July 19 from 1123 S. Main St.
– Linda Williams Harmon, 1504 Statesville Blvd., reported her prescription medication stolen from her home July 19 or 20.
– Amanda Lorene Burgess reported a vehicle stolen July 20 from 224 W. C Ave.
– Jody Lynn Coble reported the catalytic converter was stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at 1216 Lincolnton Road July 20.
– Randy Lamar Maxwell reported his sports bag and contents stolen July 20 at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St.
– A burglar broke into Suntrust Bank property at 1001 Sunset Drive July 20.
– A 22-year-old male reported he was robbed at knife-point July 20 at 935 W. Innes St. by three-to-five unknown suspects.
– James Edward Conner Jr., 43, 924 S. Jackson St., was charged July 18 with shoplifting, misdemeanor larceny and communicating threats following a vehicle stop at North Long and 11th streets. He was held under $7,500 secured bond pending a Sept. 24 trial date.
– Tyree Malik Thompson, 16, 176 Celtic Circle was charged July 18 with two counts of felony robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons. He was held under $25,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– James Charles Mathis, 17, 712 W. Fisher St., was charged July 18 with vandalism to real property/willful and wanton injury. Trial date is Aug. 21.
– Monique Nicole Brown, 27, 145 Lilly Ave., was charged July 18 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 25.
– Joshua Jerrell Allison, 17, 1620 N. Lee St., was charged July 18 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 800 N. Church St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Sept. 3 trial date.
– Zaire Allison, 18, 835 Lincolnton Road, was charged July 19 with simple assault/ simple assault and battery or affray at 215 Bendix Drive. Trial date is Sept. 4.
– Bryan Demetrius Leach, 29, 125 Crawford St., was charged July 20 with assault on a female. Trial date is Sept. 24.
– A 15-year-old female was charged July 19 with vandalism to real property/willful and wanton injury. She is accused of cracking a window in the door to her mother’s Hillsboro Street home.
– A 47-year-old male reported he was robbed at gun-point of his wallet July 20 in the 1400 block of Filbert Street by two unknown suspects.
– Catalytic converters were stolen from Time Warner Cable work vehicles parked at the 1216 Lincolnton Road office July 21.
– James Cutini Carli reported a flatbed trailer stolen from 2200 Old Wilkesboro Road between July 18 and 21.
– Alice Marie Nicholas reported her vehicle stolen July 21 from the Wal-Mart parking lot at 323 S. Arlington St.
– Linda Thurston, 637 Mahaley Ave., reported a burglar broke into her home July 21.
– Mark Anthony Belik, 18, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged July 21 with general misdemeanor child abuse. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending an Aug. 20 trial date.
– Corey Robinson reported a July 22 vandalism at 523 Bringle Ferry Road.
– Dena Marie Callon, 113 John Penn Circle, reported her satellite dish stolen off the side of her apartment building July 21 or 22.
– Bryan S. Baker, 1600 Old Wilkesboro Road, reported a burglar broke into his basement July 21 or 22.
– Tausha Griffin reported the vehicle registration for her vehicle was stolen July 22 while she was at work at Rowan Regional Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave.
– Robert Showalter, 629 W. Council St., reported items stolen from his back yard July 23.
– Bobby Ray Thompson, 57, was charged July 21 with being intoxicated and disruptive at Rowan Regional Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave.
– Bobby Wayne Estes, 53, was charged July 21 with second-degree trespassing at 315 E. Council St.
– Counterfeit money was passed July 22 at McDonald’s, 704 E. Innes St.
– Deborah Ann Garrigues reported she had been a victim of identity theft between Dec. 1, 2003 and April 23, 2008.
– Adrian Lee Sturdivant, 23, 625 Lucas St., Concord, was charged July 23 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Sept. 9 trial date.
– John Allen Thomas reported prescription pills stolen July 22 from 201 11th St.
– Daryl Eugene Warder reported someone used his identity to obtain a credit card and then charged $2,341 to it between March 15 and July 17.
– A counterfeit bill was turned in to the Police Department July 23.
– Salina Dorothea Ellis reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 622 W. Council St. the night of July 22.
– Vandals damaged property at Carolina Scooter, 917 S. Main St., the night of July 22.
– A 25-year-old male was robbed of cash at knife-point July 23 at 931 S. Main St.
– Nikki Pearson reported her pocketbook was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 31 Knox St. July 24.
– Sonja Ann Shaw, 45, was charged July 21 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 1705 S. Main St.