No more school board work sessions
By Holly Fesperman Lee
Now that the Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education has voted to return to a committee system for handling school business, Chairman Bryce Beard has made committee assignments.
The new committees and their members are:
* Appeals/Grievance Committee: Dr. Jim Emerson chairman; Kay Wright Norman; Jean Kennedy and Patty Williams, alternate.
* Budget and Finance Committee: Linda Freeze and Karen South Carpenter.
* Buildings and Grounds/Facilities Committee: Carpenter, Williams and Emerson.
* Curriculum and Instruction Committee: Kennedy, Norman and Freeze.
* Personnel Committee: Emerson and Williams.
All committees, except appeals, will be chaired by the appropriate central office staff person.
Beard will serve as the ex-officio member of all committees.
The committees will meet at least once a month, and the central office staff will give public notice of each meeting at least 48 hours in advance.
The new committee system will replace the monthly school board work session. The Board of Education will now have only one regular meeting each month.
Contact Holly Lee at 704-797-7683 or email@example.com.