Library offers computer classes
Rowan Public Library offers free computer classes on beginning to advanced topics. Classes are hands-on and are free and open to the public. All classes are approximately 90 minutes long.
Classes at the Salisbury Library. For more information, call 704-216-8241:- Sept. 6 ó Video from the Library with MyLibraryDV, 9:15 a.m. Did you know you can download video from the library for free? Learn how at this class.
– Sept. 11 ó Introduction to Keyboarding and the Mouse, 1:30 p.m. Learn how to use the keyboard and mouse with this basic class.
– Sept. 13 ó Introduction to Social Networking, 9:15 a.m., Blogs, Wikis, Flickr, YouTube, Ning, Second Life, del-icio-us. We will explore these tools and more.
– Sept. 18 ó Introduction to Windows, 1:30 p.m. Learn the basics of operating a windows computer.
– Sept. 20 ó AudioBooks from the Library with OverDrive, 9:15 a.m. Learn how to download audiobooks from the library with Overdrive and NC Digital Library.
– Oct. 2 ó Basic E-mail, 1:30 p.m. Learn how to set up an e-mail account and the finer points of using it.
– Oct. 4 ó Introduction to Learning Express Library, 9:15 a.m. We will take a look at this interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses available from NCLive.
– Oct. 9 ó Introduction to Internet Searching, 1:30 p.m. Learn how to find information on the Internet.
– Oct. 11 ó Web based Office Applications, 9:15 a.m. Introduction to using office programs such as word processors and spreadsheets available from the Web.
– Oct. 16 ó Introduction to Keyboarding and the Mouse, 1:30 p.m. Learn how to use the keyboard and mouse with this basic class.
– Oct. 18 ó Introduction to RSS, 9:15 a.m. Learn how to bring the Web to your desktop by using RSS.
– Oct. 30 ó Introduction to Windows, 1:30 p.m. Learn the basics of operating a Windows computer.
– Nov. 1 ó Advanced Searching in NCLive, 9:15 a.m. Learn to use the new features introduced this year to find information from NCLive.
– Nov. 6 ó Basic E-mail, 1:30 p.m. Learn how to set up an e-mail account and the finer points of using it.
– Nov. 8 ó Introduction to Windows MovieMaker, 9:15 a.m. Learn how to make movies using the free Windows Movie Maker application.
Classes at the South Rowan Regional Library. For more information call 704-216-7737:- Sept. 5 ó Google: Part Two, 11 a.m. Learn even more about the world’s most popular search engine.
– Sept. 17 ó Basic Windows, 7 p.m. Just purchased a computer or never really felt comfortable getting started? We’ll concentrate on the most basic of computer skills: using your mouse, understanding keyboard functions, and opening and closing of programs.
– Oct. 2 ó Basic Digital Photography, 11 a.m. An overview of digital photography to include selecting a camera, learning image file format types, attaching photos to e-mail, saving and printing.
– Oct. 23 ó Introduction to Online Genealogy, 11 a.m. Genealogy is the fastest-growing hobby in America. Come learn why researching your family history can be so addictive. We’ll discuss what tools are available at the library and online.
– Oct. 29 ó Basic Excel (mouse skills required), 7 p.m. Learn how to create basic spreadsheets, use the built-in functions and format the sheet for printing.
– Nov. 8 ó eBay Buying, 11 a.m. Learn how to set up a personal eBay account. We’ll discuss how to search for items and how to make successful bids on them.
– Nov. 15 ó eBay Selling, 11 a.m. Learn how to upgrade your eBay account to become an eBay seller. Then, we’ll go through the actual process of listing an item for sale.