Lawn watering not allowed in Landis, Kannapolis
Water restrictions remain in place for the city of Concord, but some residents do not understand the guidelines.
Lawns cannot be watered on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Only bushes, shrubs and ornamental flowering beds can be watered using a hand-held, spring-loaded hose.
Below are the detailed restrictions.
– Residential car washing will be allowed using a hand-held hose or pressure washer equipped with a spring-loaded nozzle on any Saturday at any time effective June 14.
The following activities are permitted all day on Tuesday and Saturday:
– Watering of trees, flowers, shrubs, ornamental plants and vegetable gardens for plant preservation.
Watering must be performed with a hand-held hose equipped with a spring-loaded nozzle. The user shall ensure the minimum amount of water for watering.
The following activities ARE NOT permitted under the modifications to the Level III Mandatory Water Restrictions:
– NO lawn watering using any type of system connected to the municipal water system shall be permitted.
– NO irrigation services will be activated. (Irrigation services may be installed; but no meters will be set or activated until the drought has subsided.)
– Filling of swimming pools and operation of ornamental fountains is still prohibited; however, topping off is acceptable.
– Use of water for wash down of outside areas is prohibited except for pressure washing businesses with an appropriate privilege license.
These businesses will ensure the waste of water does not occur.
All other restrictions remain in effect.
The above amendments to Level III Mandatory Water Restrictions for all city of Concord, Kannapolis, Harrisburg, Landis and Mount Pleasant customers became effective June 14.