Kannapolis apartment fire began in kitchen

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009

KANNAPOLIS ó The Kannapolis Fire Department responded to a fire at the Westgreen Apartments at 12:52 a.m. Tuesday and found smoke visible.
The fire began in the kitchen from a grease fire on the stove. The fire was extinguished quickly, and firefighters were able to remove the smoke and the residents were able to spend the night in their home.
Kannapolis Fire Department reminds you to be cautious when cooking in the kitchen and never leave food unattended. Kitchen fires are the leading cause of fire in the home.

Comments

Comments closed.