Head Start/Early Head Start programs accepting applications
The Salisbury-Rowan Head Start/Early Head Start programs are now accepting applications for the 2007-08 school years for children ages 0-5.
Families must meet certain criteria for enrollment. The purpose of the program is to provide children a learning environment and varied experiences to help them develop socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age. Extended day care services are available for parents who are working and/or in school.
Birth certificates, immunization records, Social Security and Medicaid cards, medical and dental insurance cards, income verification, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and Work First verifications, physical and, if applicable, copy of disability and allergy diagnosis are required for registration.
Applications will be accepted from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on the specified days at these sites:
* W.O.T. Fleming Center, 412 W. 15th St., Thursday.
* East Spencer Center, 301 Grant St., East Spencer, Feb. 22.
* Westside Center, 710 Harry St., China Grove, Feb. 20.
* Price Center, 1300 W. Bank St., Feb. 26 and 27.
* Lash Center, 623 S. Boundary St., Feb. 13.
* West Rowan Center, 141 E. Main St., Cleveland, Feb. 22.
* Livingstone Center, 414 Partee St., Feb. 23.
* West 22nd Street Center, 2200 Runningbrook Drive, Kannapolis, Feb. 21.
* Salisbury-Rowan Head Start, 1300 W. Bank St., weekdays, 8:15 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
For more information, call the Head Start office at 704-633-0003.