Earth Care To-Do List
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Earth Care To-Do ListLord, help me TODAY to:
– Pick up and throw away any trash I see on the ground.
– Turn off the faucet while brushing my teeth and shaving.
– Turn my thermostat up 3 degrees in summer or down 3 degrees in winter.
– Wash my dishes by hand, or if I use the dishwasher, run it only with a full load, and not use heat for the drying cycle.
– Wash my clothes in the coolest water possible.
– Give something away.
– Spend at least 10 minutes with you ó quietly ó in nature.
Lord, help me THIS WEEK to:
– Take a day of rest ó no shopping, no work, no driving.
– Bike, walk, carpool or use public transportation instead of driving.
– Avoid the mall completely.
– Visit the grocery store only once.
– Consciously combine trips and errands.
– Recycle everything I can.
– Change at least five light bulbs in my home to compact fluorescents.
– Donate a box of books to the library.
– Air-dry my laundry.
– Hand-wash clothes rather than using the dry cleaner.