crime news: Teen tried hard to get away
By Frank DeLoache
A Concord teenager would have been in a lot less trouble if he had stopped for the first accident.
But Kannapolis police say the youth wrecked his car in a second accident and then tried to outrun Officer Justin Smith through the Little Texas Road neighborhood.
Smith won, and Anthony Meeks, 17, 1022 Rocky Meadows Lane, Concord, is parked in the Cabarrus County jail with $23,000 bond and facing charges of hit and run (two counts), driving left of center, no operator’s license, false report to an officer, resisting arrest and failure to appear on a charge of communicating threats.
Lt. Bret Johnson said the incident began around 4:43 p.m. March 4, when Officer Smith got a call about a green sedan hitting another car at Mount Olivet Road and Pennsylvania Avenue and driving away. A witness with a cell phone was following the sedan on South Little Texas Road.
Smith approached at El Paso Street and Little Texas Road and saw the gree sedan crash head-on into a burgundy Buick, according Smith’s report. A man ran down El Paso, and people at the accident yelled that he was one of the drivers.
Smith chased the man through woods and arrested him on Kingston Drive. The man first gave a false name, and Smith later determined it was Meeks, who had an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
Lt. Johnson said the green sedan, a ’96 Ford, was registered to Sherri Holiday, of 2170 Kendra Drive.
The first accident caused about $2,500 damage to a 1981 Ford belonging to Otis Greene, 1101 Michael Ave., Concord.
The second accident caused about $2,000 damage to a 1990 Buick belonging to Sammie Chapman Jr., 1549 Kingston Drive, Kannapolis, ’90 Buick. $2,000 damage.
No one was seriously injured, but Meeks complained of chest pains at the police station. He was treated at Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast and released to the custody of the jail.
Other arrests and incidents reported by the Kannapolis Police Department include:
– Desmond Robinson, 21, streets of Kannapolis; nonforced burglary, trespassing, failure to appear on an earlier charge; 11:30 a.m. March 4.
– Grant Pierce, 17, 216 Southaven Drive, burglary (forced entry); $500 bond; 3:05 p.m. March 4.
– Justin Fink, 17, 1214 Wiltshire Drive; second-degree trespassing; $1,000 bond; 3:55 p.m. March 4.
– Quadir Boynton, 26, 621 Leonard Ave.; failure to appear on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer; $2,000 bond; 10 a.m. March 5.
– Trena Hollis, 42, 1301 Laura Ave.; possession of stolen property; 1 p.m. March 5.
– Ronald Tyo, 53, 4051 Ansley Court; driving while impaired (refused blood-alcohol test), speeding (61 mph in 45-mph zone); 11 p.m. March 5.
– Crystal Mann, 24, 707 Oakshade Ave.; resisting arrest, unauthorized use of motor vehicle, failure to appear on earlier charges of expired tag and simple assault; $6,000 bond; 1:30 a.m. March 5.
– James Medlin, 39, 307 Rosemont Ave.; domestic assault on a female; no bond; 9:20 p.m. March 6.
– James Carr, 53, 301 Plymouth St.; trespassing (for allegedly refusing to leave the property of Glenda Walters, 50); 3:10 a.m. March 7.
– Lonnie Isom, 55, 638 Smith St.; possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, sale and delivery of cocaine; 7:40 P.M. March 9.
– Kelli Norris, 21, 307 Center St.; failure to appear on charges of possession of stolen property, driving with revoked license, speeding (45 mph in a 35-mph zone), driving while impaired; $1,300 bond; 1:15 a.m. March 7.
– Joseph Guinn, 26, 2201 Clay St.; burglary, larceny (two counts each); $1,000 bond; 11:07 a.m. March 7.
– Theodore Perry, 48, 534 Walter Ave.; driving with revoked license; 12:23 a.m. March 8.
– Bradford Wyrick, 50, 1200 Wyrick Lane; assault with a deadly weapon; March 10.
– At 1:10 a.m. March 4, another law enforcement agency reported finding a vehicle stolen earlier from Archie Wiles, 54.
– At 6:45 a.m. March 4, Jose Gomez, 32, reported an unidentified 40-year-old took his vehicle without permission.
– At 10:52 p.m. March 4, LaShonda Johnson, 31, reported Desmond Robinson, 21, violated a judge’s domestic violation protection order.
– At 2:05 p.m. March 4, Natia Woodruff, 22, reported someone cut the lock off a storage building at an unspecified location and stole property.
– At 3:05 p.m. March 4, Randy Barbee, 32, reported a 17-year-old man broke into his residence through a window.
– At 3:41 p.m. March 4, officials at A.L. Brown High School reported a 17-year-old man returned to the school after being told to stay away.
– At 4:22 p.m. March 4, Food Lion No. 6 reported a 41-year-old woman concealed items while in the store.
– At 4:15 p.m. March 4, Food Lion reported a 46-year-old man hid luncheon meats inside his shirt.
– At 4:43 p.m. March 4, officers arrested Antony Meeks, 17, after he allegedly ran away from a traffic accident at an unspecified location and refused orders to stop.
– At 7:17 p.m. March 4, Jonathan Tuck, 31, reported Crystal Mann, 24, did not return Tuck’s vehicle.
– At 9:47 a.m. March 5, officers questioned a man about grabbing a 6-year-old girl so hard that he bruised her arm.
– At 2:30 p.m. March 5, officers questioned a 13-year-old student about possessing marijuana at school.
– At 1:42 p.m. March 5, Elizabeth Ruiz, 20, reported she was robbed at gunpoint by unidentified subjects at her home.
– At 3:49 p.m. March 5, officers responded to a call about a missing 15-year-old girl.
– At 3:15 p.m. March 5, Laura Ramirez, 28, and Rafael Caldera, 57, reported someone pried open a door to their residence and stole items.
– At 10 a.m. March 5, Amanda Keenan, 31, reported someone kicked in the back door of her residence.
– At 4:48 p.m. March 5, Ma Olivares, 38, reported a break-in.
– At 10:55 p.m. March 5, officers responded a report of a missing 14-year-old boy.
– At 6:20 p.m. March 6, Elizabeth Rothwell, 22, reported someone broke the window of her vehicle and stole items inside.
– At 2:30 p.m. March 6, officers questioned a 19-year-old man at an unspecified location about possession of bags of marijuna.
– At 10:24 a.m. March 7, Irene Wood, 79, reported a couple known to her used Wood’s BP gasoline card without her permission.
– At 12:15 p.m. March 7, Carmin Leach, 29, reported her vehicle taken.
– At 11:01 a.m. March 7, W.H. Bass Inc. reported the theft of a generator from the rear of the firm’s building.
– At 6:43 p.m. March 7, Silvia Guzman, 27, reported someone took her vehicle.
– At 5:24 p.m. March 8, Christopher Moore, 24, and Laquette Kelly, 33, reported two people, one 15 years old, pointed a handgun at them at an unspecified loction.
– At 4:28 p.m. March 8, a vehicle stolen from Steven Smith, 40, was found. A 29-year-old man is a suspect in the theft.
– At 8 p.m. March 8, officers questioned a 24-year-old man at an unspecified location about possession of marijuana.
– At 10:25 p.m. March 8, officers questioned a 32-year-old man at an unspecified location about possessing crack cocaine.
– At 8 a.m. March 9, officers questioned a 24-year-old woman about checking into a motel and attempting to overdose on drugs.
– At 6:43 p.m. March 9, Julie Crowley, 26, reported a man, also 26, struck her in the face with his fist and hand.
– At 8:58 p.m. March 9, Sheila Wyrick, 44, reported a 50-year-old man held a knife to her throat.
– At 11:35 p.m. March 9, Mary Smith, 56, reported a 43-year-old man struck her in the head and left arm.
– At 6:45 a.m. March 10, Brenda Sherrill, 56, reported the theft of her license plate from her vehicle.
– At 8:39 a.m. March 10, officers responded to a report of a 14-year-old student carrying marijuana in his jacket pocket.
– At 11:52 a.m. March 10, officers questioned a 12-year-old about having marijuana on grounds of an unidentified school.
– At 4:17 p.m. March 10, Noe Coretes, 25, reported a vehicle window broken with a rock at an unspecified location.
– At 5:30 p.m. March 10, officers questioned a 25-year-old at an unspecified location about possession with intent to sell cocaine.
– At 7:16 p.m. March 10, Larry’s Apartments reported two men, 52 and 54 years old, refused to leave the complex.
– At 1:55 a.m. March 11, officers questioned a 35-year-old man after a traffic stop at an unspecified location about giving a false name.
– Ronald Paul Halton, 19, 235 Kress Venture Road, China Grove; driving with revoked license, seat belt violation, expired inspection; $500 bond; March 7; Deputy Hale.
– Michael David Burton, Mainstay Inn, Kannapolis; unauthorized use of a conveyance, driving while impaired (refused blood-alcohol test), driving with revoked license, no operator’s license; $6,000 bond; March 6; Deputy M.F. Hale.
– Scott Dale Goodman, 46, 4600 Ranbow Drive, Kannapolis; obtaining property by false pretense and common law forgery (two counts each from Iredell County), Cabarrus charges of obtaining property by false pretense and felony probation violation; $23,000 bond; March 7; Deputy Hale.
– Joshua Mark Grimes, 23, 606 Chrysler St., Kannapolis; larceny of firearm, possession of firearm by a felon, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; $25,000 bond; March 7; Deputy Hale.- Stephen Craine Black, 46, 1114 Kentucky Ave., Kannapolis; simple assault; March 8; Deputy Dement.
– Nathan D. Duty, 22, 3898 Mullis Road, Kannapolis; going armed to terror of public, buying a firearm without a permit, altering serial numbers, disorderly conduct; $1,000 bond; March 9; Deputy Barnhardt, Sgt. Tierney.
– Robert Lee Howie, 39, 1025A Linn St., China Grove; indecent exposure; written promised to appear in court; March 7; Deputy Griffin.
– Shanda Dee Barringer Apple, 31, 13601 Culp Road, Gold Hill; allowing dog to run at night; $500 bond; March 7; Deputy Ford.
– Cory T. Tudor, 22, 4200 Satterwythe Lane, Charlotte; possession of marijuana, speeding (citation); March 2; Deputy Klinglesmith.
– Millie Marlena Dixon, 30, 6013 Meeting St., Concord; domestic simple assault; no bond; March 2; Deputy Measimer.
– Paul Wayne Hoskins, 46, 6849 Blake Brook Road, Concord; driving while impaired, open container of alcohol in vehicle, driving left of center; written promise to appear in court; March 2; Deputy N.P. Gue.
– David T. Russell Jr., 35, 7690 Proud St., Pffaftown; failure to appear on charge of assault on a female; $2,500 bond; March 3; Deputy P.D. Bearden.
– Gary W. Ring, 40, 3212 Stoneberg Court, Greensboro; trafficking in cocaine (two counts), felony possession of marijuana and failure to appear on charges of possession of cocaine and possession with intent to sell and deliver schedule I, III and VI controlled substances; $110,000 bond; March 3; Deputy Hale.
– Geraldine P. Blevins, 61, 131 Absher Farm Road, Statesville; failure to appear on charges of driving while impaired and hit and run; $500 bond; March 3; Deputy Hale.
– Christina M. Grant, 38, 1517 Herrin Ave., Charlotte; failure to appear on charge of nonpayment of child support, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; $4,000 bond; March 3; Deputy Hale.
– Erin Renee Swanson, 29, 5410 Whittlington Drive, Charlotte; hiding property attached by lien; March 6; Deputy Thomas.
– Rolando B. Shorey, 24, 9204 Kensington Forrest Drive, Harrisburg; Oakland County, Mich., warrants, first-degree sexual misconduct (two counts); no bond; March 3; Deputy Blakely.
– Darrell Beverly, 50, 975 Braxton Drive, Concord; failure to appear on charge of shoplifting; $275 bond; March 3; Deputy D. Hinson.
– Daniel Lynn Jordan, 24, 4240 Mount Hope Church Road, Salisbury; possession of a firearm by a felon, larceny of a firearm (Rowan County); already incarcerated on other charges; March 5; Deputy Hale.
– Christopher Lee White, 30, 11321 E. Sunnyside Drive, Scottsdale, Ariz.; larceny by employee; $10,000 bond; Detective D.R. Vernon.
– Lisa Sherrill Hudson, 26, 34 Union St. S., Apt. B, Concord; robbery with a dangerous weapon, trafficking in heroin or opium (two counts), failure to appear on charges of probation violation and school attendance law violence; $15,500 bond; March 5; Deputy Hale.
– Tieshaea Autumn McGee, 26, 1946 Savoy Drive, Atlanta, Ga.; financial identity fraud, possession of counterfeit instrument; $25,000 bond; March 5; Detective Schmitt.
– Marcus Cantrell McGee, 29, 8618 Carolina Lilly Lane, Charlotte; financial identity fraud, possession of counterfeit instrument; $50,000 bond; March 5; Detective Schmitt.
– David Devon Cooke, 23, 357 Freedom Drive, Apt. 1B, Charlotte; failture to appear on charge of possessing less than a half-ounce of marijuana; $1,000 bond; March 5; Deputy Hale.
– Diana Kay Fluet-Porter, 47, 970 Avery Court, Concord; simple assault; $1,000 bond; March 5; Deputy C.R. Measimer.
– Donat Caleb Porter, 16, 970 Avery Court, Concord; simple assault, possesion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest; $2,000 bond; March 5; Deputy C.R. Measimer.
– Jennifer Ashleigh McCord, 23, 3221 Oglethorpe Lane, Monroe; attempting to obtain property by false pretense, attempting to obtain a controlled substance by fraud; $20,000 bond; March 5; Deputy T. Starnes.
– Orlando Clement Black, 47, 9040 Reid St., Mount Pleasant; failure to appear on a charge of misuse of 911 system, disorderly conduct; $3,500 bond; March 6; Deputy Hale.
– Melissa Deanne Cline, 20, 11131 Johnson Davis Road, Huntersville; obstructing an officer and two counts each of driving with revoked license and expired registration; $1,900 bond; March 6; Deputy Troutman.
– Roosevelt Patrick Crudup, 25, 1310 Prior St., Concord; failure to pay child support; $1,967.79 bond; March 6; Deputy Measimer.
– John Eric Stamey, 22, 2910 Rockingham Court, Concord; possession of drug paraphernalia, drunk and disruptive, resisting an officer, false information to officer and Mecklenburg County warrants for false information to officer, possession of marijuana, drunk and disruptive and resisting an officer; $8,000 bond; March 6; Deputy Gilmore.
– Everette Lee Gilliam, 40, 100 Patton St., Concord; larceny, failure to pay child support; $500 bond; March 7; Deputy Hale.
– Donna Kay Helms, 37, 2847 Barnfield Drive, Concord; unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; $1,000 bond; March 7; Deputy Schroeder.
– Stephanie Renee Young, 22, 7154 Strawberry Lane, Stanfield; conspiracy to rob with a dangerous weapon, trafficking in opium or heroin; $1,000 bond; March 7; Deputy Burgess.
– Ashley Renee Gallaher, 24, 3305 Wedgewood Drive, Concord; misdemeanor possession of marijuana; March 7; Deputy McGraw.
– Philip C. Partin, 44, 5758 Ernest Drive, Conover; failure to pay child support, using a foreign license, failure to appear on charge of using a disqualified license; $818 bond; March 7; Sgt. Wallace.
– Timothy Andrew Parker, 23, 6801 Bost Cutoff Road, Concord; reckless driving; $500 bond; March 8; Deputy Frye.
– Ross Allen Skillen, 37, 3303 Glen Laurel Drive, Concord; worthless check; March 8; Deputy Schroeder.
– Regis Alexander Meloy, 26, 5113 Hildreth Court, Concord; simple assault; March 8; Deputy Mason.
– Sergio Leal Degollado, 42, 101 Traxler Way, Harlingen, Texas; sewage disposal violation; March 8; Deputy Kluttz.
– Trevin Samuel Carr, 21, 427 Kerr St., Concord; simple assault; March 8; Deputy Dement.
– Lee Antwan Dicks, 25, 3714 Patriots Place Drive, Concord; driving while impaired, open container of alcohol in vehicle; $1,000 bond; March 9; Deputy Frye.
– Willis Ervin Havens, 44, 813 Lilly Green Court, Concord; misdemeanor larceny; written promise to appear in court; March 10; Detective B.A. Schmitt.
– Keshia Joy Harris, 37, 1115 Lofton Court, Concord; driving while impaired, open container of alcohol in car, driving left of center, misdemeanor possession of schedule II and III controlled substances; written promise to appear in court; March 10; Deputy N.P. Gue.
– Angel Loeza, 25, 65 White St., Concord; failure to appear in Montgomery County on charge of littering (not more than 15 pounds); $2,000 bond; March 10; Deputy Christie.
– Dana S. Little, 21, 3444 Sergeant Drive, Charlotte; failure to appear on charges of driving with revoked license (two counts) and no operator’s license; $3,000 bond; March 10; Deputy Zeman.
– On Feb. 29, Adam H. Richards, 28, 905 Grace Ave., Kannapolis, reported vandals caused $180 damage to the hood of 1992 Honda Accord. Deputy Thomas.
– On March 6, the mother of Diana Louise Miller, 16, 4740 Irish Potato Road, Kannapolis, reported her daughter missing. Miller is white, 5 feet 4 inches, about 130 pounds, with brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin. She was wearing sweat pants, has braces on her teeth and piercings in her tongue and nose. Deputy Lafond.- On March 10, Tara Moore Copeland, 37, 2576 Captain’s Watch Road, Kannapolis, reported her 1993 Volvo, license VXP-5274, valued at $1,800, “missing from Dixon Academy, Harrisburg.” Deputy Smith.
– On March 10, Tammy Dian Holbrook, 27, 1610 Fredrick Ave., Kannapolis, reported “being bitten by a cat.” Deputy Lomax.
– On March 2, Shannon Caldwell Short, 44, 5450 Gold Hill Road E., Gold Hill, reported the theft of her $3,000, 2007 Yamaha all-terrain vehicle from her carport. Deputy J.D. Harless.
– On Feb. 26, Harrisburg Hometown Pharmacy, 5006 N. N.C. 49, reported a woman entered about 1:35 p.m., said she was armed and demanded prescription medicine. Employees did not see a weapon, no one was injured and the woman was last seen walking away from the store. A warrant has been issued for her arrest. Deputy Fisher.
– On Feb. 26, U.S. Physical Therapy, based in Houston, Texas, reported a break-in to at its Harrisburg branch, 4350 Main St., and the theft of $965 in properthy. Deputy Fisher.
– On Feb. 27, Brent L. Monroe, 44, of Advance Auto, 3900 Main St., Harrisburg, reported the theft of $1495.84 from the business between Feb. 16 and 27. Deputy Isenhour.
– On Feb. 27, Patty A. Gallagher, 45, reported a man tried to take her wallet from her at the Wilco Hess service station, 4350 N.C. 24/27, Midland. The man left when Gallagher resisted. Deputy Elliott.
– On Feb. 28, Amy Jarvis, 26, 2530 Monta Drive, Concord, reported a break-in at her home and theft of $1,060 in property.
– On Feb. 28, Joshua Michael Taylor, 28, 1833 Meadow Crossing Drive, Concord, reported someone forced their way into his home, causing $500 damage. William McGill and Brandon Harmon, both of Charlotte, were charged.
– On March 1, Jeff Himes, 43, 4713 Myers Lane, Harrisburg reported his son, Nathan, left the home on Feb. 28 and has not returned.
– On March 2, Evelyn Faye Stiller, 9909 Starwood Drive, Charlotte, reported a break-in and theft of $500 in property. Deputy N.P. Gue.
– On March 2, Robert Alan Harrell, of Shoe Show, Concord, reported a break-in to his company vehicle and theft of “numerous items.” Deputy C.R. Measimer.
– On March 2, Curtis Eugene Black, 64 Moss Drive, Concord, reported a break-in to his vehicle and theft of $555 in property. Deputy D.S. Lomax.
– On March 2, deputies were called to a home on Sun Burst Lane where they found an 18-year-old victim of a gunshot wound. Emergency medical personnel tried unsuccessfully to revive the teen, and Deputy N.P. Gue said he found no evidence of foul play initially.
– On March 3, Myron G. Berehulke, 46, of Cricket Communications, reported the theft of $750 in copper wire from a work site at 4832 Stough Road between Feb. 1 and March 3.
– On March 3, Grady C. West, 49, 6790 Retreat Drive, Concord, reported the theft of his miniature pony, valued at $500, between Feb. 28 and March 3.
– On March 3, Asim K. Ramadan, 34, 3628 Burnage Hall Road, Harrisburg, reported a break-in to his vehicle and the theft of a $300 handgun between Feb. 27 and March 3.
– On March 5, Bradley Tyrone Spratt, 23, 1267 Preston Drive, Mount Pleasant, reported someone injured his dog. Deputy Barringer.
– On March 6, James Matthew Barron, 912 Bostwood Lane, Concord, reported the theft of his $11,667 2007 Yamaha Raptor all-terrain vehicle from his property. Deputy K.C. McClure.
– On March 6, Jeannie Creola Miller, 6108 Firethorne Lane, Concord, reported someone tampering with her mail. Lt. J.N. Bailey.
– On March 6, the mother of Alfonso Vargas Perez, 16, 3832 Weejuns Drive, Concord, reported she had not seen him since March 5, when he was wearing a dark blue, hooded sweatshirt and white shoes. He is Hispanic, about 5 feet 2 inches, 140 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Deputy Berg.
– On March 6, Ryan Charles Kerfien, 31, 15039 Northgreen Drive, Huntersville, reported a break-in to his 2007 Chevy Avalanche and theft of $1,580 in property. Deputy Lomax.
– On March 6, J.B. Mauldin, 58, 1195 Oak Trail Circle, Concord, reported his 13-year-old grandson drove away in Mauldin’s 1985 Chevy truck, causing property damage as he did. Detective M. Queen later found the teen and truck and returned the $2,000 truck to Mauldin. The teen has been referred to Juvenile Services. Deputy N. Gue.
– On March 6, Rusty Hawks, 27, 8005 University Ridge Drive, Charlotte, of Sleep Inn, Copperfield Boulevard, Concord, break-ins to five rooms, with four guests in each room, and the theft of $822 in property. Deputy Measimer.
– On March 7, James Fields Upton Jr., 49, 7665 Cotton St., Harrisburg, reported the theft of $1,600 in property from his unlocked 2007 Chevrolet between March 6 and 7.
– On March 7, Joe Boyd Plott, 74, 4955 U.S. 601, Concord, reported a break-in at his business and the theft of $2,000 in property between March 6 and 7. Deputy Elliott.
– On March 8, Carl Lee Patterson II, 53, 2821 Twinfield Drive, Concord, reported the loss or theft of a $250 firearm in the past six to nine months. Deputy Kluttz.
– On March 8, Joyce Barrier Owen, 62, 2571 Hahn Scott Road, Mount Pleasant, reported vandals caused $500 in damage to a wood-post pasture fence. Deputy Schroeder.
– On March 8, Judy V. Foley, 63, 750 Gladden Place, Concord, reported the theft of her $15,000 Pontiac Vibe from 2847 Barnfield Road between March 3 and 4.
– On March 8, William W. Winburn, 36, reported someone broke the windshield of his 2002 Chevy Cavalier, causing $100 in damage. Deputy Brown.
– On March 8, Laura L. Mueller, 27, reported vandals started a fire in pine straw at neighbor Roger Stanton’s mailbox at 8252 Chatham Oaks Drive, Concord. Stanton was not home at the time. Deputy Moreau estimated $4 damage.
– On March 9, William Marshall Helms, 66, 4842 Huddersfield Drive, Harrisburg, reported a break-in to his 2003 Acura sport utility vehicle and theft of $1,590 in property between March 7 and 8. Deputy Peck estimated $300 damage to the SUV.
– On March 9, Michael W. Magliocca, 51, 4139 French Fields Lane, Harrisburg, reported the theft of $2,500 in golf equipment from his garage. Deputy Staton.
– On March 10, William Earl Fink, 62, 9590 N.C. 49 N., Mount Pleasant, reported a $5,000 John Deere yard tractor “missing from his yard.” Deputy Gilmore.
– On March 10, State Employees Credit Union, 555 N.C. 49, Harrisburg, reported an unidentified person deposited a fraudulent check one day and returned the next to make a $300 withdrawal. Deputy J. Smith.
– On March 10, Jeffery W. Jones, 38, 11050 N.C. 73 E., Concord, reported someone tried to charge several items using Jones’ personal information. Deputy Wensil.
– On March 10, Cynthia Kay McLean, 6210 Smith Lake Road, Mount Pleasant, reported a break-in and theft.
– On March 10, while on routine patrol, Deputy Edwards found a 1997 Ford F-150, which had been reported stolen in Rock Hill, S.C. Estimated value of $11,000.
– On March 10, James Rayford Love Jr., 41, 2914 Country Home Road, Concord, reported the theft of a $1,200 roll of copper wire. Deputy Gue.