Crime blotter – Burglar steals safe full of prescription drugs, cash
A burglar broke into a Cleveland woman’s home May 4 and stole a safe full of prescription medications and $1,200 in cash, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Martha Hellard, 225 Backside Drive, estimated the total value of the safe and its contents at $3,806.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Daniel Earo Keith, 3990 Statesville Blvd., Apartment 1, reported two video game stations and a steam carpet cleaner stolen during a May 3 burglary at his home. Total loss was $330.
– Lewis M. Johnson reported a burglar broke into the Webb Road Flea Market, 905 Webb Road, the night of May 2 and caused $2,000 damage to a soft drink machine.
– Melissa Sue Unger of York, S.C., reported a $600 stereo system stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 5185 Old Concord Road between April 27 and 30.
– A 34-year-old man was robbed April 21 at gunpoint at his Mount Ulla home of $950 worth of guns.
– Ken Sims Granberry of Salisbury reported $3,900 worth of scrap metal and farm equipment stolen between April 26 and May 2 from 2715 Statesville Blvd.
– Donald Leon England, 151 Cade Lane, Kannapolis, reported someone broke into his home between April 26 and May 3 and damaged household items.
– Thomas Allen Ritchie of Salisbury reported someone used his debit card May 3 without his permission.
– William Roger Powell of Mooresville reported a $500 canoe stolen from 295 N. Fisherman’s Lane between March 30 and May 4.
– Cindy Shaver, 410 Safrit Road, reported her check card stolen from her home the night of May 3.
– Darius Ezell Brawley, 1006 Hawkinstown Road, reported vandals caused $300 damage to a window at his home May 3 or 4.
– Michael Brian Johnson, 38, was charged May 4 with disorderly conduct at 6402 Fox Terrace.
– Floyd Ukelyn Bailey, 29, was charged May 3 with injury to personal property the intersection of East N.C. 152 and Old Concord Road.
– Rex Kevin Sawyers, 34, was charged May 4 with assault on a female at 185 Valley Drive.
– Robert Marvin Collins, 30, was charged May 4 with assault on a female.
– Jeffrey Todd Page, 30, was charged May 5 with assault on a female at 188 Jenna Court, China Grove.
– A 44-year-old man reported he was assaulted May 5 at 1375 Adams St.
– A juvenile was charged May 5 with disorderly conduct at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Chad Lee Pope, 1028 Lenwood Lane, Kannapolis, reported a $900 television stolen during a burglary at his home the night of May 4.
– Justin Cowan of Statesville reported the May 3 theft of his vehicle from 1255 Wilkinson Road, Mooresville. The vehicle was later recovered.
– Samantha Kay Rutherford, 6010 S. Main St., reported May 5 that a Bostian terrier valued at $800 was stolen from her home April 26.
– Samuel Louis Brooks of Salisbury reported May 5 that he was the victim of an unauthorized financial transaction.
– Tony Hager of Salisbury reported a burglar broke into 6330 U.S. 601 between May 3 and 5. Total loss was $502.
– Angie Michelle Phillips of Salisbury reported $246 in cash stolen May 5 from Subway, 985 Peeler Road.
– Kyle W. Mittelstadt, 375 Rock Spring Drive, reported jewelry valued at $2,300 stolen from his home May 3.
– Tommy Gervis Gunter, 337 Skyview Circle, reported the theft of a $600 gun during a May 5 burglary at his home.
– Dequarn Michael Harte, 17 and Karuth Worth, 16, were charged May 8 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 345 Benjamin Trott Lane.
– Lydia Jean Adkins reported someone slashed a tire on her vehicle while it was parked at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road, May 7.
– Jonathan A. Morton, 16, was charged May 8 with purchase/possession of alcohol by anyone under 21 at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Amanda Shirley of Kannapolis reported building materials valued at $900 stolen or damaged at a house being built at 720 Daugherty Road, China Grove.
– Brian Odell Jones of Jones Marine Inc., 10285 Bringle Ferry Road, reported someone broke into the business between April 26 and May 5 and stole a metal chair from the shop.
– Jeff Mark Mauldin, 44, was charged May 8 with domestic criminal trespassing based on a complaint by Karen Wallace Yost, 133 Ashley Drive.
– James Howard Hipp, 187 James Acres Lane, Rockwell, reported items valued at $2,350 stolen from his home between Jan. 15 and May 8.
– Tammy Peeler Livengood, 35, and Darryl Keith Livengood, 43, both of 960 Poole Road, were charged May 8 with assaulting each other during an argument.
– Gary Lee Goad, 51, was charged May 8 with felony possession of stolen goods.
– Tiffany Lynn Smith, 19, was charged May 8 with felony breaking and entering a building.
– Jerry Ramzi Isbanioly, 23, was charged May 9 with assault on a female.