Cooking fire damages Kannapolis apartment

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009

KANNAPOLIS ó At 12:52 a.m. Kannapolis Fire Department responded to a fire at the Westgreen Apartments to find smoke visible.
The fire began in the kitchen from a grease fire on the stove. The fire was extinguished quickly, and firefighters were able to remove the smoke and the residents were able to spend the night in their home.
Kannapolis Fire Department reminds citizens that kitchen fires are the leading cause of fire in the home. The advise to always be cautious when cooking in the kitchen and never leave food unattended.

Comments

Comments closed.