Concord fire sends one person to hospital
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
CONCORD ó One person was taken to the hospital following a Friday night apartment fire.
The Concord Fire Department responded to the fire at 311 Union Street at 10:58 p.m. with smoke coming from the residence, a statement said.
The first fire unit arrived on the scene at 11:02 p.m.. Five additional rescue units were dispatched with a total of 22 firefighters.
One resident was injured and taken to Carolinas Medical Center óNorthEast. Another victim escaped without injuries. According to the statement, the fire remains under investigation.