China Grove board meets tonight
CHINA GROVE ó Town officials will talk about new traffic signals at two key locations during the Board of Aldermen meeting tonight.
Aldermen are scheduled to consider resolutions supporting placement of traffic signals at the intersection of U.S. 29 and Bostian Road and the intersection of Kress Ventures Drive and N.C. 152, the entrance to Carson High School.
In other matters the board will consider or act on the following:
– Appointments to the town’s Planning Board and Board of Adjustment;
– Consider a resolution opposing the transfer of state-owned secondary roads to municipalities;
– Discuss the South Rowan JROTC;
– Conduct a public hearing on the closeout of a Community Development Block Grant project;
– Discuss a Congestion Mitigation Air Quality planning study;
– Consider new carpeting for the town hall and Police Department.
The Board of Aldermen meets at 7 p.m. today in the Municipal Building, 205 Swink St.