A Salisbury woman faces charges of stealing a purse from another woman who gave her a ride, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Stacey Marie Rodgers, 32, 3330 Shue Road, was charged Feb. 19 with misdemeanor larceny of a purse stolen from the vehicle owned by Helen McDonald Thompson, 1335 Miller Road, China Grove.
Rodgers was held under $300 secured bond pending a March 13 trial date.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Vandals spray-painted vinyl siding on a home being built at 265 Bostian Heights St., China Grove, between Feb. 15 and 18. Damage totaled $400.
– Larry Daniel, 188 Fair Share Road, reported a burglar tried to break into his home through the front door Feb. 18 while the family was away during the day. A bedroom window screen was also damaged. Total loss was $550.
– Sarah Martin, 525 Skyview Circle, reported her $20 mailbox was stolen the night of Feb. 17.
– Mary Helen Shive, 2385 Crescent Road, reported a lawn mower and gas can stolen from her property between Feb. 15 and 18. Total loss was $260.
– Ethel Kirkland, 745 Cedar Glen Circle, Cleveland, reported a 32-inch television valued at $800 was stolen from her home Feb. 18.
– Arson is suspected in a Feb. 18 fire that destroyed a storage building at 349 Falcon Lane that had no electricity.
– Melissa Funez, 21, 165 S. Oakhurst Drive, was charged Feb. 18 with ethnic intimidation based on a complaint by Daene Oliva Williams, 1014 Ashwood Place. Trial date is March 27.
– Stephen Richard Snider, 21, 115 E. Ridge Road, was charged Feb. 18 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Belinda Schulz, 2990 Old Highway 70, Cleveland. He was released on a written promise to appear in court March 27.
– Johanna Lynn Young, 28, 115 E. Ridge Road, was charged Feb. 18 with assault and battery based on a complaint by Belinda Schulz, 2990 Old Highway 70, Cleveland. She was released on a written promise to appear in court March 27.
– Dadrian Tyquan Cowan, 16, 1300 Old Concord Road, Apartment 6, was charged Feb. 19 with simple assault based on a complaint by Denise Linton, 725 Crescent Road, Rockwell. He was held under $500 bond pending custody release and a March 11 trial date.
– Harvey michael Glass, 50, 735 Peach Orchard Road, was charged Feb. 19 with making threatening phone calls based on a complaint by Phillip David Glass, 1104 S. Zion St., Landis. Trial date is March 27.
– Brian Craig Graham, 31, 350 Virginia Ave., China Grove, was charged Feb. 19 with communicating threats and failing to appear in court on assault with a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct charges. He was held under $22,500 secured bond pending a March 27 trial date.
– Steven Lee Taylor Jr., 29, 1225 Taylors Country Lane, Gold Hill, was charged Feb. 19 with violating a domestic violence protective order based on a complaint by Jennifer Taylor, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 27.
– Anthony Dale Upright, 31, 3330 Shue Road, was charged Feb. 19 with misdemeanor larceny. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a March 13 trial date.
– Christopher Allen Sides of Salisbury reported a construction trailer was stolen Feb. 19 from a job site at 170 Baymount Drive.
– Alicia Z. Corriher of China Grove reported her purse stolen Feb. 18 at Southeast Middle School, 1570 Peeler Road.
– David Kellan Ingram of Indian Trail reported his vehicle stolen between Nov. 23 and Feb. 19 from 222 Teepee Trail, Kannapolis. The vehicle is valued at $4,000.
– Michelle Jacqueline O’Flahrity of Mount Ulla reported $360 cash was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1050 Canyon Lane, Kannapolis, the night of Feb. 18.
– Leslie Ann Grant of Rockwell reported $620 cash stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at the East Rowan YMCA, 790 Crescent Road, Rockwell, Feb. 19.
– Justin Todd Gragg, 21, 330 Wilcoy Road, Rockwell, was charged Feb. 21 with assault on a female and communicating threats.
– Austin Dwayne Honeycutt, 16, 1060 High Rock Road, Gold Hill, was charged Feb. 20 with misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing.
– Tracie Farrington Moss, 39, 315 Falcon Lane, was charged Feb. 20 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Vickie Beaver Conner, 1025 Byrd Road. Trial date is May 10.
– Ellis R. Sisk, 235 Sailboat Drive, reported Feb. 20 that two guns were stolen from a vehicle parked at his home between Dec. 1, 2007, and Feb. 5. Total loss was $400.
– Thomas Jacob Eller reported a rifle and ammunition stolen from a truck he owns while it was parked at 890 Glover Road between Feb. 18 and 20. Total loss was $1,000.
– A passport belonging to Kellie Michelle Crook was stolen Feb. 20 from a vehicle owned by Jason Richard Hadrava while it was parked at 501 Steeplechase Trail, Spencer.
– Donald Kilpatrick of Charlotte reported copper bus bars valued at $750 were stolen from a Crickett Communications cell tower at 1690 Long Ferry Road between Dec. 30, 2007, and Feb. 20.
– Gregory Daniel Grabowski, 17, 1107 Archer Farm Drive, was charged Feb. 20 with three counts of misdemeanor credit card fraud based on a complaint by his father, Daniel Charles Grabowski, same address. Trial date is April 22.
– Ronald J. Turner reported the Feb. 21 theft of $800 worth of aluminum wheels and scrap metal from a house he owns at 1455 Long Ferry Road.
– Donnilyn Eddy Paddock, 175 Lois Lane, reported $10 stolen from her home Feb. 10.
– Bettye Jean Stover, 1433 Millwheel Drive, reported Feb. 22 that a $40,000 vehicle was stolen from her home Oct. 8, 2007.
– Curtis E. Kyles reported a $14,000 trailer owned by his company, Curtis Kyles Trucking, 2105 Needmore Road, Woodleaf, was stolen Feb. 22 from the business property.
– John Mack Allman, 149 Peggy’s Lane, Rockwell, reported four shots were fired at his home Feb. 22.
– A 26-year-old man was attacked and robbed of cash Feb. 22 at the intersection of Briarwood Lake Drive and Airport Road.
– Cristy Stiller of Gold Hill reported vandals damaged the lawn at her Country Porch Cafe, 3665 Liberty Road, Gold Hill, by driving through it Feb. 23.
– Nicole Strazzabosco and Christopher Elder, both of 3145 Statesville Blvd., reported vandals damaged both of their vehicles while they were parked at their home Feb. 23.
– Joanne Lemier of China Grove, reported a $200 aluminum boat stolen from 1000 Dutchman’s Point, Apartment 3, between Feb. 2 and 22.
– Angela Roberts, 249 Waycross Drive, Rockwell, reported vandals spread roofing nails in her driveway the night of Feb. 22.