Blotter: Taxi driver robbed at gunpoint on Hill Street
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A taxi driver was robbed at gunpoint by two suspects Aug. 14, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The robbery occurred at 42 Hill St. at 9:45 p.m. The suspects took the male driver’s money and cell phone.
In other Police Department reports:
– Sherrie Francine Bell reported bicycles stolen Aug. 11 from 721 Ryan St.
– James Wright reported a $450 motor scooter stolen the night of Aug. 11 from 321 Woodson St.
– Inez Marie Jefferies, 123 W. Henderson St., reported a burglar kicked in the back door to her home Aug. 12, but nothing appeared to be missing.
– Lucinda Jane Pickler reported she was the victim of forgery and uttering a forged instrument between Aug. 5 and 11 at 105 S. Avalon Drive.
– Tehiesha Shanta Hamilton, 1334 Standish St., reported the Aug. 12 theft of an electronic game system from her home.
– John Watkins of Watkins Agency, 201 S. Main St., reported an Aug. 12 vandalism at the business.
– A green golf cart with yellow seats and a white top was stolen Aug. 12 from Clancy Hills Apartments, 100 Clancy St.
– Edward Eugene Sifford, 48, and Matthew John Dwyer, 47, were charged Aug. 12 with misdemeanor larceny of beer and meat from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Two teens reported they were assaulted Aug. 12 at 201 Pearl St.
– Khaled Hassan Idries reported the stereo stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 635 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Aug. 12.
– Gregory Duwayne Fincher, 29, was charged Aug. 13 with felony possession with intent to manufacture a Schedule II controlled substance at the corner of South Caldwell Street and Lincolnton Road.
– Herbert Holden Ledford reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 325 Wiley Ave. Aug. 13.
– A robber with a firearm stole money from the register at Rushco No. 4, 1901 W. Innes St., at 5:50 a.m. Aug. 13.
– Evan Paul Caldwell reported an Aug. 13 burglary at 1300 Larchmont Place, Apartment 108.
– A vandalism was reported the night of Aug. 12 at the Country Club of Salisbury, 747 Club House Drive.
– Sean Derek Thomas, 1428 Filbert St., reported his scooter stolen from his driveway the night of Aug. 12.
– Jonie Marie Hickson, 1309 Edgedale Drive, reported an attempted burglary at her home Aug. 13.
– A burglar tried to break into the human resources office at Public Storage, 1730 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., between Aug. 11 and 13.
– Steve Sterling reported copper wire and power tools stolen from a Southern Services construction site at 530 Corporate Circle between Aug. 11 and 13.
– Marcquis Deon Partlow, 20, was Aug. 13 with felony larceny. He is accused of stealing Shaquite Renee Horton’s vehicle from the Burger King parking lot at 700 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Jason Dalaney Woodby, 32, was charged Aug. 13 with assault on a female at 1300 Larchmont Place based on a complaint by Tonya Lee Walker at 1705 S. Main St.
– Angela Denise Fisher, 44, was charged Aug. 13 with possession of drug paraphernalia at the corner of East Monroe and South Long streets.
– Domino’s Pizza reported an Aug. 13 larceny at the corner of Henderson and Main streets.
– Cyena Danielle Shavers, 19, was charged Aug. 13 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at the corner of Old Wilkesboro Road and Brenner Avenue.
– Jonathn Garduna-Heredia reported an Aug. 13 larceny at 1120 Tall Oaks Circle.
– A counterfeit $10 bill was passed between Aug. 11 and 14 at the Family Dollar Store, 521 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Lemuel Bernard Cowan reported the Aug. 14 theft of a scooter from 347 Calhoun St.
– Linda Brown reported vandals damaged a window at 44 Hill St. between July 20 and Aug. 14.
– Wayne A. Kluttz reported his credit card was used fraudulently Aug. 14 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Nola Aistrop, 408 Carolina Blvd., reported plants and a handgun stolen from her home between July 4 and Aug. 14.
– Christy Ann Brown reported cash stolen from her wallet Aug. 14 at 409 E. Fisher St.
– Thelma Leffler Gantt, 38, Jennifer Lorrain Thomas, 28, and Trimeka Nicole Wright, 28, were all charged with conspiring to commit prostitution Aug. 14.
– Felicia Strong, 1109 Lakewood Drive, reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at her home Aug. 14.
– Vincent Eugene McNeal, 919 N. Jackson St., reported vandals broke a rear window at his apartment Aug. 14.
– Antonio Rushawn Lee, 17, was charged Aug. 14 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule I controlled substance at the corner of Cherry and South Shaver streets.
– Randy Wendell Shankle, 26, was charged Aug. 15 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance at 200 S. Shaver St.
– Arthur Stiller reported the Aug. 15 theft of a scooter from Colonial Village Apartments, 231 D Ave.
– Daniel Camacho Bautista, 32, was charged Aug. 13 with simple assault/simple assault and battery or affray.
– Joseph Todd Meadows, 29, and Tonia Dena Coulter, 37, both of 1300 Larchmont Place, No. 109, were charged Aug. 14 with felony breaking and entering a building and felony larceny. They were held under $5,000 secured bond each pending first appearances in court.
– Two people were charged Aug. 14 in a domestic incident at 90 Shives St. Ervin Jerome Davis, 27, was charged with assault on a female, and Melissa Danielle Steele, 24, was charged with simple assault/simple assault and battery or affray.
– Dermarko Dominic Sturdivant reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 306 N. Jackson St. the night of Aug. 14.
– Patricia Ann Frye reported vandals used a beer bottle to break the windshield on her vehicle while it was parked at 210 Sunset Drive Aug. 15.
– Brian Kurzmiller Romans, 400 Wiley Ave., reported the Aug. 15 theft of his scooter from his garage.
– Tina Elizabeth Douglas reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 211 Faith Road Aug. 15.
– Kay Turman Smith reported someone used her financial information to pay a phone bill between July 29 and Aug. 14.
– Alvin Eugene Douglas, 726D S. Church St., was charged Aug. 15 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Tina Elizabeth Douglas. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Sept. 22.
– Richard Neil Dailey reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked on South Fulton Street at McCubbins Street the night of Aug. 15.
– Robert Morris reported a scooter stolen the night of Aug. 15 from 522 S. Church St.
– Willis O’Neil Brown, 606 W. Franklin St., reported his dog was stolen from his property Aug. 16.
– Vincent Eugene McNeal, 919 N. Jackson St., reported items stolen from his home during an Aug. 16 burglary.
– Rudy Montgomery Joshua reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 607 N. Ellis St Aug. 16.
– Sade Ingram, 100 Clancy St., reported a burglar broke into her home Aug. 17 intending to fight with another person in the house.
– Toby Mitchell Brown reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked on Railroad Street at Hill Street Aug. 17.
– A 27-year-old female reported she sustained serious injuries after being assaulted Aug. 17 at 1221 N. Church St.
– Mark Braswell Perry reported vandals broke the rear window in his vehicle while it was parked at 131 W. Bank St. Aug. 17.
– Jason Linzey Carpenter reported the stereo was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 125 N. Caldwell St. the night of Aug. 16.
– Charles Franklin Spradlin reported vandals broke four windows at 1004 W. Horah St. on Aug. 17.
– Francisco Fernando Ares reported he was robbed of his scooter Aug. 17 at 729 W. Innes St.
– Tracy Melinda Hooker reported her pocketbook stolen Aug. 17 at 715 N. Lee St.
– Nekisha Ranada Woodard, 21, 209 E. Bank St., was charged Aug. 17 with felony embezzlement of property received by virtue of office/employment. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.