Vandals painted graffiti on walls at Erwin Middle and East Rowan High schools the night of Jan. 26.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Nathan Patrick Dean, 211 Ridgecrest St., Kannapolis, reported $994 worth of tools stolen from the bed of his truck while it was parked at his home Jan. 27.
– Arson is suspected in the burning of a deck on a permanently set up camper at 124 Roy Miller Loop between Jan. 21 and 27.
– Jim R. Beck, 4040 St. Peter’s Church Road, reported $600 damage to two doors during a Jan. 27 attempted break-in at his home.
– Gary Wayne Blackwelder, 255 Linda St., reported vandals shot small holes in his storage building with a pellet gun Jan. 26 or 27. Damage totaled $400.
– Stephen Lee Upright, 4055 Third Creek Church Road, reported vandals caused $800 damage to a window and blind in his back door Jan. 27.
– Brittany Ann Newton, 135 Rockwood Drive, reported her wallet was stolen from her car while it was parked at her home the night of Jan. 27.
– Michelle Marlowe Montaigone, 33, 15565 Dooley Road, Cleveland, was charged Jan. 28 with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and trafficking in cocaine, all felonies. She was held under $250,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Said Jakupovic, 1340 Hurley School Road, reported someone broke into his home the night of Jan. 27, but nothing was missing.
– Jack William Gifford, 140 Middlebrook Drive, Rockwell, reported someone put water in his the gas tank of his vehicle while it was parked at his home between Jan. 23 and 26.
– John Alex Fisher of Rockwell reported $70 stolen Jan. 28 from an unlocked locker at the East Rowan YMCA, 790 Crescent Road, Rockwell.
– Alan Boring of Gold Hill reported the catalytic converter was cut off his vehicle while it was parked at the River Road Wildlife Access between Jan. 5 and 27.
– William Boyd Wallace of Denton reported the catalytic converter was cut off his vehicle while it was parked at the River Road Wildlife Access between Jan. 28.
– Alan Boring, 19196 Old Beatty Ford Road, reported Jan. 28 that a leather jacket, gloves and chaps had been stolen from a storage building on his property.
– Stacy Deal, 215 Deal Road, Mooresville, was charged Jan. 28 with carrying a concealed weapon at 445 Deal Road.
– Dennis Lee Powell of Bradshaw’s Auto Sales, reported Jan. 29 a suspected employee embezzlement of $4,076.95 in cash between Jan. 25 and 28.
– Brandon Gene Walker, 41, 255 Bamboo Lane, Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 30 with assault with a deadly weapon based on a complaint by Shawn Matthew Funk, 145 Afton Lane, Kannapolis. Trial date is March 20.
– Patty Ann Melton, 29, 175 Holler Way Drive, was charged Jan. 29 with two counts of simple assault and injury to real property based on a complaint by Lenny Melton, 1410 St. Paul’s Church Road. She was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 6.
– Clifton Ruashon Redmon, 28, 175 Holler Way Drive, was charged Jan. 29 with injury to real property based on a complaint by Lenny Melton, 1410 St. Paul’s Church Road. He was released on a written promise to appear in court March 6.
– Shelby Marie Smith, 6760 Nathan Ave., Kannapolis, reported vandals used a baseball bat to break four windows and rear tail lights in her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Jan. 29. Total loss was $950.
– Lisa Plyler Efrid, 116 White Ave., Kannapolis, reported vandals broke tail lights on her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Jan. 29. Total loss was $50.
– James Wiseman Phelps of Phelps Wood Products, 12010 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland, reported a $12,000 flatbed truck stolen from the company parking area the night of Jan. 29.
– Marissa Leeann Poole of Salisbury reported four wheels valued at $800 were stolen off her car while it was at Granite Auto Sales, 520 Crescent Road, the n9ight of Jan. 28.
– William Bryan Cansler, 1870 E. Ridge Road, reported two mailboxes damaged by vandals Jan. 30. Total loss was $100.
– Ken Trexler of Trexler Construction Co., 921 N. Main St., Granite Quarry, reported a utility trailer valued at $1,800 stolen the night of Jan. 29 from a building site at 1316 Greenheather Drive.
– Lillian Collins of Salisbury reported Jan. 30 that someone had been using her Social Security number to work in Texas.
– Samuel William Gillenwofer, 57, 290 Fleetwood Drive, was charged Jan. 30 with failing to work after being paid, resisting a public officer and five counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense. He was held under $18,500 secured bond pending a March 4 trial date in Stokes County.