– Someone has been sleeping in a vacant apartment at a local complex, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
John Woolard, maintenance supervisor for Alexander Place Apartments, reported Feb. 4 that someone has been entering a vacant apartment at the complex through a window and apparently sleeping inside it. The unit has not been damaged.
– Ashley Michelle Young reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 1100 W. Fisher St. Feb. 4.
– A 34-year-old female reported two suspects pushed her to the ground and took personal property from her as she walked to work about 8 p.m. Feb. 4 in the 200 block of North Shaver Street.
– Charlie York reported a burglar broke into Frito Lay, 635 Industrial Drive, on Feb. 5.
– A 32-year-old male was assaulted with a knife Feb. 5 at 700 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
– Tammy Miller Weaks reported items valued at $420 stolen the night of Feb. 4 after someone broke into a house at 504 E. Cemetery St. that she is in the process of vacating.
– Henry Hichborn Buck reported Feb. 5 that someone had made unauthorized charges on his credit card on Jan. 4.
– Jody Everhart reported someone cut the fence Feb. 5 to gain access to Norfolk Southern Railroad’s storage facility at 625 N. Lee St. Nothing was taken.
– A larceny was reported Feb. 5 at Skatecity, 211 S. Main St.
– A fraud by false pretense was reported Feb. 5 at Ben Mynatt Nissan, 629 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Someone shot at an occupied vehicle as it was driven away from Rushco, 1901 W. Innes St., about 11 p.m. Feb. 5.
– Delwyn Jamar Smith, 23, was charged Feb. 4 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 100B Lloyd St.
– Melissa Carol Bowles, 40, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged Feb. 5 with misdemeanor larceny and simple assault. She received no bond since she is serving an active 90-day sentence. Trial date on the new charges is Feb. 28.
– Willie Frank Robinson Jr., 57, 200 Harrell St., was charged Feb. 5 with second-degree trespassing at 612 E. Horah St. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 25.
– Len Louie Lineberry, 23, 2010 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., was charged Feb. 5 with misdemeanor child abuse. He is accused of assaulting a 6-month-old child. He was held under $1,000 secured bond.
– Heather Lee Sousa, 26, was charged Feb. 4 with misdemeanor larceny of merchandise valued at $4.99 from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Nelida Najera Suazo, 18, was charged Feb. 5 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance following a vehicle stop at I-85 at exit 79.
– A larceny occurred between Feb. 1 and 6 from GFK Builders, 217 Statesville Blvd.
– Thomas Nolander Babb reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 123 Old S. Main St. Feb. 6.
– Ivory Nicole Gladden reported a Feb. 6 vandalism at 1710 N. Long St.
– John Lewis Bryant reported a $3,000 vehicle stolen Feb. 5 from a parking lot at 211 Ridge Ave.
– A burglar tried to break into Latin Mix, 931 S. Fulton St., Feb. 7 through a back window.
– A burglar tried to break into Penn Mart, 1600 S. Main St., Feb. 7 through a side window.
– Jennifer Christine Agresto, 23, was charged Feb. 4 with credit card fraud at 131 W. Council St.
– Crystal Moss, 27, 160 Basinger Road, was charged Feb. 5 with two counts of uttering a forged instrument, two counts of obtaining property by false pretense, two counts of trafficking in heroin and one charge of maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for a controlled substance, all felonies, and one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 1431 W. Innes St. She was held under $100,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Jerome Christopher Miller, 16, 245 Owl Drive, and Demarlo Antoine Morrow, 19, 955 White Rock Ave., Granite Quarry, were both charged Feb. 6 with felony breaking and entering a building and felony larceny. They were held under $2,500 secured bond each pending first appearances in court.
– Whitney Naporshia Gaddy, 21, was charged Feb. 6 with simple assault/assault and battery at 300 S. Arlington St.