Blotter Police investigate suspected $15,000 embezzlement
Police investigate suspected $15,000 embezzlementThe suspected embezzlement involving more than $15,000 is under investigation by the Salisbury Police Department.
Robert Glassgow reported the money missing over a period from Jan. 10 to Aug. 27 from his 2440 Statesville Blvd. office.
In other Police Department reports:
– Courtney Devone Sawyer, 19, was charged Aug. 25 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at the intersection of South Arlington Street and Old Concord Road.
– Darnella Davenport reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1517 E. Liberty St. Aug. 26.
– The catalytic converters were removed from two vehicles owned by S&R Dental Lab while they were parked at 812 Corporate Circle the night of Aug. 25.
– Tracey Michelle Belford reported vandals damaged her vehicle Aug. 25 at 1236 Old W. Innes St.
– Stan Williamson reported a burglar tried to break into Okey Dokey & Co., 126 E. Innes St., the night of Aug. 25.
– Unauthorized purchases totaling $700 were made between July 11 and Aug. 26 on a Quality Sourcing and Consulting company credit card. The firm has offices at 223 Windsor Drive.
– Teresa Fay McNeal, 51, was charged Aug. 26 with felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule IV controlled substance at 1020 E. Innes St. She is accused of selling Darvocet to an undercover officer.
– Linda Ghent Macoy reported property valued at $1,015 stolen from 1319 E. Council St. between July 24 and Aug. 26.
– Mary Willis-Jones Page reported a calculator stolen from a school desk at 123 N. Ellis St. Aug. 25 or 26.
– Alice Renee Bizzell, 29, was charged Aug. 25 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 827 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Madison Brooke Plummer reported a wallet stolen Aug. 26 at Ichiban’s Japanese Steakhouse, 1005 Klumac Road.
– Three males left Salisbury Family Restaurant, 929 S. Main St., Aug. 26 without paying for their meals.
– Vincent C. Benedetto, 65, 230 Confederate Ave., was charged Aug. 27 with interfering with emergency communication and assault on a female based on a complaint by Beth R. Benedetto. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Sept. 17.
– Vandals broke a window in a Ritchie’s Steamway Cleaners van while it was parked at the 622 E. Council St. business Aug. 25.
– Xzantippa Hensley Miller, 415 Confederate Ave., reported a remote house alarm stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked in the driveway the night of Aug. 26.
– Deresha Michele Simmons reported a burglar tried to break into 316 Union Heights Blvd. Aug. 27.
– Terry Andre Alexander, 39, was charged Aug. 26 with being intoxicated and disruptive at 850 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Austin William Perrell, 18, and Daniel Joseph Mason, 18, were charged Aug. 26 with purchase/possession of alcohol by anyone under age 21 at the intersection of South Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Ryan Street.
– Lalita Nicole Whitman, 19, was charged Aug. 27 with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
– Milton Bryant Barber, 56, and Terry Wayne Edwards, 42, were charged Aug. 25 with second-degree trespassing at 106 S. Main St.
– Melanie Pruitt was charged Aug. 27 with shoplifting/concealment of goods and second-degree trespassing at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Bradley Ryan Deal, 22, 1415 Clyde Fitzgerald Road, Lexington, was charged Aug. 27 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending an Oct. 8 trial date.
– Amber Hope Lewis, 22, was charged Aug. 27 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. – Rodrigo Silva Vences reported a television and the converter from a 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix were stolen during a burglary at 118 Reamer Circle between May 16 and Aug. 27.
– Ben Thomas Cline, 18, was charged Aug. 27 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building, Leonard Douglas Wright’s home at 324 Oakwood Ave.
– Billie Parker Alexander, 203 Spring Drive, reported a burglar broke into her home Aug. 27 and stole medication.
– Deresha Michele Simmons reported a burglar tried to break into her 316 Union Heights Blvd. home Aug. 27.
– A 50-year-old male reported he was robbed of $15 as he walked in the 500 block of East Cemetery Street Aug. 28.
– A Virginia Air of Carolina truck reported stolen Aug. 28 from 823 Corporate Circle was located unoccupied on I-85 near Mile Marker 15.
– Building materials were stolen Aug. 28 from a Blue Ridge Enterprises construction site off South Shaver Street.
– A burglar stole loose cash after breaking into Okey Dokey & Co., 126 E. Innes St., the night of Aug. 27.
– A 79-year-old man reported he was robbed at gunpoint Aug. 28 as he sat in his vehicle at 917 S. Fulton St.
– Susan Edward Moore reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., between July 9 and Aug. 28.
– A counterfeit $20 bill was passed Aug. 28 at Bojangle’s, 901 E. Innes St.- Michael Jessie Koontz reported his debit card was used to remove $163 from an ATM machine at Wachovia Bank, 1300 W. Innes St. Someone also forged one of his checks for $1,000.
– Dione Jassete Strickland reported a woman’s wallet stolen from a vehicle parked at 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. Aug. 28.
– A burglar caused $150 damage to a rear door at Pro Hair Design Salon, 124 N. Main St., during an attempted break-in between May 28 and Aug. 25.
– Mary Ada Asibuo, 24, was charged Aug. 28 with felony larceny by an employee. She is accused of giving clothing items to friends while she worked at Cato in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Charles Malcolm McEachern reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., Aug. 28.
– Melvin Antonio Maxwell, 23, was charged Aug. 26 with felony possession of weapons or firearms by a felon at 500 Lakewood Drive.
– Rebecca Bowlin Whitman, 40, was charged Aug. 27 with contributing to the delinquency of a minor at 235 Pethel Road, China Grove.
– Terry Wayne Whitman, 45, was charged Aug. 27 with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
– James Edward Stroy, 46, 226 N. Long St., was charged Aug. 28 with felony breaking and entering a building and felony larceny. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Sept. 2 court appearance.
– Anthony Alonzo Smith, 19, 315 Ashbrook Road, No. 15, was charged Aug. 28 with injury to personal property and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by James Roddy Neely III, 208 N. Milford Drive. Trial date is Sept. 25.
– Robert Dereck Williams, 46, 1929 Hampton Forest, Concord, was charged Aug. 28 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Sherrie Williams, 514 Denver St., Kannapolis. Trial date is Oct. 7.