Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A stereo, CDs, tortillas and yucas were stolen during a burglary at Frutas Verduras Del Mercado, 848 S. Main St., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The burglar occurred between 7 p.m. Feb. 26 and 9:30 a.m. Feb. 27.
In other Police Department reports:
– Gerald Lee Brumley, 43, was charged Feb. 26 with misdemeanor larceny of two packs of cigarettes and a bag of chips from Pit Stop, 2414 S. Main St.
– Catherine Williams and Chiquita Smith both reported the theft of one tire and rim from their vehicles while they were parked at 715 Victory St. the night of Feb. 26.
– Martha Thomas Gregory, 806 N. Main St., reported a laptop computer, wireless Internet card and mouse stolen from her home between Feb. 21 and 24. She also reported someone had used her debit card at Food Lion, 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., on Feb. 25.
– Irma Casanas Villegas reported a stereo stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1333 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. Feb. 27.
– Emma Lee Moser, 201 Dan St., reported Feb. 27 that two trash cans had been stolen from her home in the past two weeks.
– Johnny N. Goodman of Kannapolis, co-owner of Electric Connection Inc., 1935 S. Main St., reported Feb. 27 that wire had been fraudulently bought from area businesses in his company’s name between Feb. 21 and 27.
– A burglar broke into Charles Whitley’s 1705 S. Main St. apartment Feb. 27.
– Labryan Dion Hawkins, 21, was charged Feb. 27 with felony trafficking in cocaine, and Herbert Eugene Ellis, 29, with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance a 1300 Old Concord Road.
– A 25-year-old man reported he was robbed at gunpoint just before 9 p.m. Feb. 27 in the parking lot at Super Speedwash, 124 S. Avalon Drive.
– Three 18-packs of beer were stolen Feb. 28 from Rushco No. 16, 1518 E. Innes St.
– A burglar broke into United Rentals, 101 Mooresville Road, just after 5 a.m. Feb. 28.