Blotter: Operator says thief drained oil from machine
The undetected theft of five quarts of oil from the engine of sewer-cleaning machine resulted in repair costs of $6,000, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Jimmie George Goodnight reported the oil had been drained from the machine that had been left at a job site at 500 E. Lafayette St. the night of June 3.
There was no puddle beneath the machine to indicate the oil had been removed, so the operator started it, causing extensive damage to the Caterpillar diesel engine.
In other Police Department reports:
– Dennis Fransisco was charged June 7 with assaulting Tyler Ross Weant as Weant sat in a truck at 100 S. Main St. about 2:30 p.m. June 7.
– Brent David Peeler, 1105 Davis St., reported vandals damaged a window in his vehicle while it was parked at his home June 8.
– Kara Jena Freeman reported her 2003 Mitsubishi Galant was stolen while it was parked at 810 S. Main St. the night of June 8.
– Steven Rhodes reported vandals damaged three tires on his vehicle while it was parked at 615 E. Liberty St. June 9.
– Larcenies were reported June 9 to two USA Today newspaper boxes, one at 1939 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. and the other at Arby’s, 1311 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Vandals shot a front window at Chandler Concrete, 400 N. Long St., between June 7 and 9.
– A burglar broke into Snipe’s Realty, 125 N. Main St., between June 7 and 9, stole a laptop computer, vacuum and digital camera and tried to break into a safe.
– Keionya Wynette Bolar reported a CD player stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 810 S. Main St. June 9.
– Julie Burnham reported an outside air conditioner was stolen between June 6 and 9 from her business, Nationwide Insurance, 123 S. Long St.
– Charles Henry Leazer reported his mo-ped was stolen the night of June 8 from the Food Lion parking lot at 123 Mahaley Ave.
– Isaac Lee Rhodes reported he was the victim of debit/credit card fraud June 1 at 507 S. Main St.
– Gregory Lawrence Shuler reported prescription medications stolen from a Shuler Pools work truck parked at 604 N. Main St. between May 23 and June 9.
– Yolanda Cornejo Cruz reported a June 9 burglary at 604 Rowan Mill Road.
– A 27-year-old female reported June 9 that she had been physically assaulted by a waiter with a sexual motive at a local restaurant. The incident allegedly occurred in the restroom of Casa Grande, 905 Klumac Road.
– Jakeith Gerald Terry, 19, 639 Linn Lane, was charged June 9 with simple assault/ assault and battery or affray based on a complaint by Henry Burch III, 916 Lincolnton Road. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 18 trial date.
– A 51-year-old man reported he was assaulted June 10 at 1307 N. Main St.
– A burglar broke into Latin Mix, 931 S. Fulton St., June 10 through the roof, but nothing was taken from the store.
– Phillip Spencer Beasley, 18, 1105 S. Vermont Ave., Smithfield, was charged June 9 with misdemeanor shoplifting of a video game from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a July 1 trial date.
– Tiffini Jeanine Addison, 25, 201C Pearl St., was charged June 9 with telephoning repeatedly for the purpose of annoying someone, based on a complaint by Davania Morris Addison, 415 Candlewick Drive. Trial date is July 17.
– Sharon Grubb reported June 9 that approximately $1,200 had been stolen from an office area at the Goodwill Store, 836 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Windows were broken in four vehicles parked behind the Rives Motor Co. garage at 1616 E. Innes St. the night of June 9. Pavestone Co. owns the vehicles.
– The rear of several First United Methodist Church buildings in the 200 block of South Church Street were spray-painted the night of June 9.
– A burglar broke into Party Rentals Plus, 1819 S. Main St., the night of June 9.
– Fausto Yanez, 705 N. Main St., reported tools, a DVD player and board scooter stolen during a June 10 burglary at his home.
– A computer and nail gun were stolen and a vending machine vandalized after a burglar broke into Carter Furniture, 1000 N. Long St., the night of June 9.
– A 35-year-old female reported June 10 that she had been assaulted Feb. 13 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– A 22-year-old female reported she had been assaulted June 10 in the pool area of the Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Someone broke into the concession stand at the Salisbury High School baseball field at 500 Lincolnton Road the night of June 9.
– Someone tried to steal the stereo and wheels from a vehicle at Ben Mynatt Nissan, 629 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., on June 10.
– A 24-year-old woman reported she was assaulted and thrown from a vehicle stolen June 10 at Rowan Regional Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave.
– David Winston Joyner, 50, 114 Sycamore Road, was charged June 11 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Tami Joyner, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Aug. 4.
– A window was broken June 11 at Poppatopps, 902 S. Main St.
– Daniel Louis Greene, 32, 622 S. Caldwell St., was charged June 10 with felony breaking and entering a building, felony larceny and failing to appear in court. He was held under $3,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.