Blotter-Fraudulent postal money orders used to obtain property
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Someone used fraudulent postal money orders and personal checks to obtain property from Carolina Cycles, 285 Spring Estates Circle, between July 31 and Sept. 5.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– William Todd St. Clair reported a $2,700 air conditioning unit stolen the night of Sept. 3 from 1515 E. N.C. 152, China Grove.
– Deborah Garrison, 560 Corriher Gravel Road, China Grove, reported items valued at $545 stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Sept. 5.
– Janice Faye Jones of Salisbury reported electronic items valued at $350 stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at Franklin Presbyterian Church, 280 Franklin Church Drive, between Aug. 31 and Sept. 3.
– A burglar broke into La-Esperanza, 15185 U.S. 52, Gold Hill, Sept. 6.
– Beverly Storm Geubert, 256 Dapple Lane, reported items valued at $2,841 stolen during a burglary at her home between Sept. 4 and 6.
– Vandals caused $200 damage to the club house and swimming pool at Westside Swim and Racket Club, 630 Neel Road, the night of Sept. 5.
– Tony Eugene Sechler reported a $500 catalytic converter stolen off a Grace Lutheran Church vehicle while it was parked at the church at 3020 Grace Church Road, between Aug. 30 and Sept. 6.
– Eleanor Sloop Johnstone, 2785 Sloop Road, Mount Ulla, reported items valued at $1,951 stolen from a building on her property between Sept. 1 and 5.
– Emily Phillips Overcash of China Grove reported her debit card had been stolen and then used in a number of locations in both Rowan and Cabarrus County between Aug. 30 and Sept. 6.
– Angela Michelle Tidwell, 37, was charged Sept. 7 with simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance following a vehicle stop on East Innes Street at I-85.
– Christopher Douglas Earnhardt, 27, was charged Sept. 7 with disorderly conduct at 175 Pine Lake Drive.
– Royce Wiley Barnhardt of Salisbury reported items valued at $255 stolen during a burglary at Mount Moriah Lutheran Church building , 750 Mount Moriah Church Road, China Grove, between Aug. 31 and Sept. 7.
– A $500 clothes dryer was stolen during a Sept. 7 burglary at Collene Scoggins’ 3335 Mount Hope Church Road home.
– Louise Carpenter, 1130 Lentz Road, China Grove, reported items valued at $420 stolen during a Sept. 7 burglary at her home.
– Ryan Thomas Lentz, 144 Old Cherokee Circle, reported items valued at $2,380 stolen during a burglary at his home Sept. 6 or 7.
– Vehicle accessories valued at $1,030 were stolen from vehicles parked at Southern Concrete Mats, 235 Peeler Road, Sept. 7.
– Terry Lynn Correll, 992 Reid Road, Rockwell, reported someone shot into his home while it was occupied Sept. 5. Damage totaled $700.
– Daniel Paul Myers, 1070 Heatherdale Road, reported the saddlebags stolen off his motorcycle while it was parked at his home the night of Sept. 5. Total loss was $320.
– Daniel Louis Satori, 16, was charged Sept. 5 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 665 Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
– Wayne Stewart, 34, was charged Sept. 5 with felony selling/delivering a Schedule I controlled substance at 812 N. Long St., East Spencer.
– Michael Gutterson, 16, was charged Sept. 5 with willful and wanton injury to real property at 303 W. Main St., Rockwell.
– Russell Brian Johnson, 38, was charged Sept. 6 with misdemeanor larceny.
– Joshua Curtis Coker, 30, was charged Sept. 6 with breaking and entering a building.
– Steven Lee Driggers, 36, was charged Sept. 6 with felony taking/obtaining a financial transaction card at 1006 Oakmont Court.
– Heath Allen O’Brien, 16, was charged Sept. 6 with misdemeanor larceny at 303 Bostian Road, China Grove.
– Samuel William Gillenwater, 58, was charged Sept. 6 with obtaining advances under promise to work.