Blotter: Flower pot break-in
A burglar threw a flower pot through a window to break into a Mooresville home May 22, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Ginger Kerr Overcash, 123 Briarfield Drive, Mooresville, told deputies the burglar removed items valued at $300 after entering through the window, which received $150 worth of damage.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Cristy Stiller of Gold Hill reported vandals caused $160 damage to her Country Porch Cafe sign at 3665 Liberty Road, Gold Hill the night of May 21.
– Christy M. Green, 5927 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell, reported items valued at $110 were stolen from her home the night of May 21.
– Travis Eugene Stiller, 21, was charged May 22 with simple possession of a Schedule II controlled substance following a traffic stop at Landover Drive and Miller Chapel Road.
– Brian Alexander Melendez, 19, was charged May 22 with a felony weapon violation following a traffic stop on U.S. 29 at Peeler Road.
– Nelson Barbee reported May 22 that someone had used a Salisbury Fire Appliance company credit card without authorization between April 1 and May 5.
– Dagoberto R. Ortega, 320 Oak Mountain Road, reported telephone equipment valued at $100 was stolen from his home May 20.
– Sherell Angelette Simpson, 610 Hawkinstown Road, reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at her home May 22.
– Michael Fox, 4360 Cauble Road, reported a burglar broke into his home May 22.
– Lucas O. Sartain, 26, was charged May 22 with simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 121 Crystal Creek Drive, China Grove.
– Albert Kawon-Akil Moses, 28, was charged May 22 with injury to personal property.
– Latoya Evalene Williams, 20, was charged May 22 with misdemeanor larceny.
– Dana Upright Royal, 28, and Shannon Royal, 27, were charged May 22 with simple assault.
– Thomas Russell Carr, 46, was charged May 22 with simple assault at 1050 Ashford Circle.
– Kathy O. Phillips, 110 Aviation Lane, Gold Hill, reported four tractor batteries stolen May 23 from her property.
– A 14-year-old boy was assaulted May 22 at West Rowan Middle School, 5925 Statesville Blvd.
– Tamara Reese, 721 S. Chapel St., Landis, reported the theft of a $700 acetylene torch from her property between May 18 and 22.
– Bert Ball Johnson, 1088 Joel St., China Grove, reported a burglar broke into his home May 23. Damage totaled $200.
– Deputies investigated five charges of credit card fraud at Mikey’s One Stop, 1407 N. Main St., China Grove, five at Jordan’s Hot Spot, 5715 S. Main St., and one at Cleveland Shell, 11821 Statesville Blvd., between April 7 and May 23.
– Jon Michael Dixon, 107 Sylvan Road, China Grove, reported items valued at $630 stolen from his vehicle while it was parked on his property the night of May 22.
– Megan Elise Parrish, 16, was charged May 23 with possession of drug paraphernalia at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Debra Gail Hinson, 750 Eastview Drive, Lot 7, reported a burglar broke into her home May 23 and stole items valued at $120.
– Building material valued at $1,300 were stolen May 22 or 23 from 1288 Carter Loop Road, Rockwell, according to a report by Premier Asset Services of San Bernadino, Calif.
– Leonor Sola reported vandals caused $300 damage by shooting a BB gun at her 5825 Lowder Road home the night of May 23.
– Christopher Martin Peeler, 26, was charged May 24 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 130 Paradise Drive.
– Robert Adam Barnes, 27, was charged May 24 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 6355 U.S. 601.
– A 17 year-old Kannapolis male was treated at a hospital after he was assaulted May 24 at 145 Afton Lane, Kannapolis.
– Terry Brooks Linville, 26, was charged May 25 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance following a traffic stop at Third Creek Church and Glenn Faust roads in Cleveland.
– Ervin M. Lingle, 320 Rainey Road, reported $20 worth of medication stolen from his home May 24 or 25.
– Peo Chen of Charlotte reported the theft of his vehicle from 14000 Bringle Ferry Road, Richfield, the night of May 25.
– Brian Odell Jones of Salisbury reported $1,000 worth of gasoline stolen out of boat tanks at Jones Marine Inc., 10285 Bringle Ferry Road, May 25 or 26.
– Dickie Parnell reported someone took his vehicle without his permission May 25 from 5755 Bertie Ave.
– Christopher Martin Peeler, 4830 Stokes Ferry Road, reported $20 worth of medication stolen from his home May 25 or 26.
– Tiffany Marie Barbee, 20, was charged May 25 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle.
– Chuck Everett Norris, 20, was charged May 26 with felony financial transaction card fraud.
– Joanne Hernandez Garcia, 24, was charged May 26 with allowing an unauthorized person to operate a vehicle.
– Shawn Joseph McRorie, 29, was charged May 26 with felony larceny at Pilot, Lane Street at I-85 in Kannapolis.