Blotter: Elderly man assaulted on Statesville Boulevard treated at Rowan Regional
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
An elderly man was treated at Rowan Regional Medical Center’s emergency room after he was assaulted Sept. 13 at 635 Statesville Blvd., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The 83-year-old victim was hit in the nose with an object.
In other Police Department reports:
– Wilbert Antonio Price, 47, 114 Florial St., was charged Sept. 12 with vandalism to real property based on a complaint by Peggy Mayberry Hosch, same address. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Oct. 21.
– Phyllis Ponder Bryant Duren reported a vandalism at 1313 N. Main St. the night of Sept. 11.
– Joyce Ann Park reported Sept. 12 that someone had obtained a credit card in her name.
– Blake Mowery Hardister, 45, 1319 Park Ave., was charged Sept. 12 with carrying concealed weapons, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and impaired driving in the 400 block of North Shaver Street. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Oct. 20 trial date.
– Steven Martin Rogers reported the keys stolen from his work truck while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., Sept. 12.
– Debra Camper Brazis reported a burglar broke into 102 Hampshire Court the night of Sept. 11.
– Merchandise was reported missing from Rushco No. 16, 1518 E. Innes St., between Aug. 11 and Sept. 12.
– A gun was fired inside a business at 124 E. Innes St. Sept. 13.
– Latoya Shevonn Alexander reported her phone stolen Sept. 13 from 124 E. Innes St.
– Tammie Larck Gamez reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 617 Faith Road the night of Sept. 12.
– Calvin William Hunter, 829 E. Lafayette St., reported the Sept. 13 theft of his wallet from his home.
– Telishia Renee Chambers reported property at 2412 Old Wilkesboro Road was damaged Sept. 13 by a firearm.
– Johnny Steven Green, 40, 118 Inez Court, Jacksonville, was charged Sept. 13 with felony larceny of property valued at $99.98 from Marshall’s, 375 Faith Road. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– A 17-year-old male reported he was assaulted by a juvenile Sept. 13 at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Melvin Omar Funez, 30, 505 N. Ellis St., No. 105, and Jorge Javier Garay, 41, 1117 Fries St., were charged Sept. 14 with stealing beer on Sept. 13 from Food Lion, 251 Faith Road. They were held under $1,000 secured bond each pending an Oct. 30 trial date.
– Leisa Barnes reported Sept. 13 that someone has been passing checks stolen from her at Food Lion.
– Tony Vales Harris, 616 S. Ellis St., reported a diamond ring stolen from his home Sept. 8 or 9.
– A 39-year-old man reported he was shot and his vehicle stolen Sept. 13 by approximately five unknown suspects at 2104 Statesville Blvd.
– Haywood Maxwell Cope reported items stolen from his vehicle Sept. 14 at 701 Faith Road.
– Mirtala Derosales Debonitez reported her purse was stolen Sept. 14 in Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Krystal Nicole Auten reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at a 1005 Klumac Road restaurant Sept. 14.
– Ricky Lee Nichols reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 251 Faith Road Sept. 14.
– Velma Peacock Bost reported the license plate stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at Keppel Auditorium on the Catawba College campus at 2300 W. Innes St. Sept. 13 and 14.
– Jeffrey Brian Wallace, 41, 6760 Lowder Road, was charged Sept. 14 with felony selling/delivering a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at the intersection of East Liberty Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Henrietta Joann Smith reported vandals spray-painted two vehicles parked at Lakewood Apartments Sept. 15.
– Joshua Shawn Duff, 21, 474 Lane St., Kannapolis, was charged Sept. 15 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building at 801 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Trial date is Jan. 21.
– Daniel Howard Prior reported a Charlotte Observer newspaper box stolen Sept. 15 from 1518 E. Innes St.
– Antonio Lamont Bush, 19, 826 S. Ellis St., was charged Sept. 12 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Sharon Denise Peoples, 140 Independence Drive. Trial date was set for Sept. 18.
– Pamela Janelle Cain, 25, was charged Sept. 13 with misdemeanor child abuse.
– Jamie Lee Usher, 27, was charged Sept. 13 with misdemeanor larceny at Food Lion, 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Vandals spray-painted property at Kimbrell’s Home Furnishings, 2141 Statesville Blvd., between Sept. 13 and 15.
– Marie Howell reported vandals spray-painted graffiti on the exterior walls at 3206 S. Main St. the night of Sept. 14.
– A catalytic converter was stolen off a van parked at Landmark Church, 1910 Mooresville Road, between Sept. 7 and 14.
– Jettie Bogle reported items stolen from a B&B Machines Co. Inc. vehicle while it was parked at Casa Grande, 905 Klumac Road, Sept. 14.
– Joe Frank Mathis reported vandals damaged a vacant home he owns at 329 Foster Lane between Sept. 12 and 15.
– Robert Thomas Vanderburg reported power tools stolen Sept. 15 from a storage building at 1960 Harrison Road.
– Ashley Carpenter reported items stolen from a vehicle parked at 500 E. Innes St. Sept. 15.
– Debra Kluttz Miller reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 1625 W. Park Road Sept. 15.
– John Edward Howard reported a grass trimmer stolen from a trailer while he was mowing Sept. 15 at 1029 Old W. Innes St.
– Heidi Ann Parsons reported a 2005 Harley Davidson XL Sportster stolen from 128 E. Monroe St. between Sept. 12 and 14.
– A 22-year-old female reported she was assaulted Sept. 15 at 418 Park Ave.
– Thomas David Martinez, 21, was charged Sept. 13 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at the intersection of Statesville Boulevard and Holly Avenue.
– Jason Thomas Cruz, 21, was charged Sept. 14 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 115 Reamer Circle.
– Joshua Shawn Dunn, 21, was charged Sept. 15 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at the intersection of Faith Road and Jake Alexander Boulevard.
– Nathaniel Alexander Neri, 26, was charged Sept. 15 with second-degree trespassing at 700 Partee St.