Blotter Catalytic converter taken off Rowan-Salisbury Schools' truck
A Rowan-Salisbury Schools’ truck has become another in a string of catalytic converter thefts, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Angela B. Lambert told deputies the theft occurred the night of Aug. 13 while the truck was parked at Koontz Elementary School, 685 E. Ritchie Road.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Keith Harold Helms, 25, was charged Aug. 9 with felony breaking and entering a building at 4450 U.S. 601.
– Michael Todd Foster, 36, was charged Aug. 9 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 152 Red Pine Road, Gold Hill.
– Joel Wayne Yates reported a burglar broke into his business at 2980 E. N.C. 152, China Grove, the night of Aug. 11 and removed items.
– Doris Pope Kluttz, 511 Stafford Estates Drive, reported her credit card stolen from her home between June 1 and Aug. 14.
– Ray Carl Pickler, 103 W. Main St., Rockwell, reported several stolen checks had been passed between July 31 and Aug. 14 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Wayne Adam Kluttz, 340 Charolais Drive, reported his debit card was stolen from his home between 3 and 7 a.m. Aug. 14.
– James Daryl Rowland, 300 Sand Road, Rockwell, reported the license tag stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at his home Aug. 13 and 14.
– John Wayne Brown, 47, was charged Aug. 14 with felony breaking and entering a building. He is accused of breaking into a storage building on Elizabeth Brown’s property at 15860 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla, and removing scrap wire.
– Brandy Wyatt Earnhardt, 119 Pathway Lane, reported a boom box and grass trimmer stolen during an Aug. 14 burglary at her home. Total loss was $430.
– Latonia Michelle Martin, 36, was charged Aug. 14 with simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance.
– Michael Todd Cook, 41, was charged Aug. 14 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance.
– Sandra Kaye Winburn, 37, was charged Aug. 14 with second-degree trespassing at 132 Brewer Lane, China Grove.
– Steven Dale Overcash, 50, was charged Aug. 14 with misdemeanor larceny. He is accused of stealing batteries from a vehicle owned by Todd Gorman Fries at 725 St. Peter’s Church Road, Gold Hill.
– Timothy Wayne Kesler, 44, was charged Aug. 14 with felony indecent liberties with children.
– Lynda B. Givens, 655 Lake Ford Road, reported medication valued at $454 was stolen from her home Aug. 15.
– Jason Scott Thomas, 30, was charged Aug. 16 with felony possession with intent to manufacture a Schedule III controlled substance and failure to appear in court following a vehicle stop on Competition Drive. He was also charged with felony breaking and entering a building.
– Willie Alvin Shaver, 4012 Old Concord Road, reported $50 cash stolen during a burglary at his home Aug. 15 or 16.
– Bobby Lee Craig, 46, was charged Aug. 16 with assault inflicting serious injury and assault with a deadly weapon based on a complaint by Nancy J. Morris at her 680 Arant Road, China Grove, home.
– Douglas Edgar Hall, 56, was charged Aug. 16 with being intoxicated and disruptive at 224 Geiger Lane.
– William Douglas Towell, 33, was charged Aug. 16 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building, misuse of the 911 system and with being intoxicated and disruptive at 260 Elliott Drive.
– Trujillo Antonio Sotelo reported his car was stolen Aug. 16 from 360 Weaver Road, China Grove.
– A 25-year-old male reported he was robbed at gunpoint of $175 Aug. 17 at 1800 W. C St., Kannapolis.
– Jacquelyn Guye Watts, 35, was charged Aug. 17 with possessing of drug paraphernalia and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 295 Twin Creeks Drive.
– Donald Grier, 57, 2960 Airport Road, was charged Aug. 17 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Maureen Grier, same address.
– Misty Leighette Hooper of Woodleaf, reported her vehicle stolen from 3470 Woodleaf Road the night of Aug. 16. The vehicle is valued at $12,000.
– Thomas Edward Hoke reported vandals caused $500 damage at Thomas Hoke Furniture Warehouse, 175 Lane Parkway, the night of Aug. 16.
– Bryan Edward Nesbitt Jr. of Salisbury reported items valued at $441 stolen out of his vehicle while it was parked in the 1000 block of File Road Aug. 17.
– Frankie Lee Williams, 26, was charged Aug. 15 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle at 495 Alan Circle.
– John Christopher Stubbs, 36, was charged Aug. 15 with being a habitual felon.
– Nekisha Ranada Woodard, 21, was charged Aug. 17 with being a fugitive from justice.
– Leslie Eugene Herring, 40, was charged Aug. 17 with felony breaking and entering a building at 103 St. Paul’s Church Road.
– Andrew Christenbury, 57, was charged Aug. 17 with second-degree trespassing at 13120 Stokes Ferry Road, Gold Hill.