Blotter: Cash stolen from home in China Grove
Almost $3,000 was stolen from a China Grove home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Charles Herman Sechler reported the $2,900 stolen from 1080 N.C. 153 between Aug. 10 and Sept. 7.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– A juvenile student at West Rowan High School was charged Sept. 9 with stealing a book at the school’s book fair.
– Lorna Lynn Stevens reported Sept. 9 that items were stolen between Aug. 11 and 17 from a building at 1107 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
– Nancy Threatt Alexander, 577 Crescent Road, Rockwell, reported items stolen during a Sept. 8 or 9 burglary at her home,
– Kenny Ray Orbison, 2545 China Grove Road, China Grove, reported someone shot into his occupied home about 10:30 p.m. Sept. 9.
– A Drye’s Auto Crushing credit card was used fraudulently between Aug. 26 and Sept. 9. The business is located at 295 Belmont Place, Rockwell.
– Catalytic converters were cut from vehicles at Cloninger Ford the night of Sept. 2.
– Carolyn Lucas, 7530 Spring Acres Drive, Kannapolis, reported a mower stolen from her carport the night of Sept. 8.
– Amber Nicole Tidwell reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 5915 Southern Lane Sept. 10.
– Gabriela Coronel Nesbitt reported the Sept. 10 theft of a passport from 145 Honeycutt Road.
– Kay Hardin reported a muffler stolen Sept. 10 from a Pay Less Auto Sales vehicle parked at the 7669 U.S. 52 Rockwell business.
– Cristina Espinoza Villegas, 160 Darlington Drive, China Grove, reported items stolen during a Sept. 10 break-in at her home.
– Jack Benny Alexander of China Grove, reported the Sept. 3 theft of a cell phone from 1580 S. Main St.
– Jeffrey Todd Okula, 1020 Oakdale Court, China Grove, reported two go-carts stolen from his property Sept. 9 or 10. Total loss was $1,000.
– Christopher Mark Stewart, 28, was charged Sept. 10 with felony breaking and entering/preparation to commit burglary at 1788 Kluttz Road.
– Timmy Lee Shoe, 37, was charged Sept. 10 with felony indecent liberties with children.
– Nevin Scott Strong, 20, Ricky Anthony Strong, 23, and Jacob Michael Sanner, 17, were charged Sept. 10 with felony breaking and entering a vehicle.
– Ryan Taylor McAndrews, 17, was charged Sept. 10 with misdemeanor larceny.
– Jamie Wilson, 25, was charged Sept. 10 with injury to personal property at 175 Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
– Curtis E. Parridgen of Rockwell reported an unknown suspect sold stolen property to Crescent Pawn Shop, 7620 U.S. 52, between Aug. 27 and Sept. 11.
– James Terry Hosch, 48, was charged Sept. 11 with failing to register as a sex offender at 109 S. Main St., China Grove.
– Tempestt Equnthia Hoover, 3990 Statesville Blvd., reported vandals damaged her front door Sept. 11.
– Kimberly D. Rothwell, 875 Wyatt Grove Church Road, Gold Hill, reported her mailbox stolen the night of Sept. 10.
– Antonio Castaneda Alonso of Lexington reported Sept. 11 that his 1996 Dodge van valued at $6,000 was stolen from I-85 at China Grove between May 27 and June 1.
– Teresa Diann Burkett, 708 S. Deal St., Landis, reported medication stolen from her home Sept. 10 or 11.
– Jimmie Higgins reported three engines and a transmission stolen from Higgins Automotive, 4325 S. Main St., the night of Sept. 10. Total loss was $945.
– Dan Wang Koon, 33, was charged Sept. 11 with simple assault.
– Kelly Lynn Collins, 28, was charged Sept. 11 with felony possession of weapons by a felon and felony maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance at 570 Rimer Road.
– Cashus Tramon Ford, 23, was charged Sept. 11 with felony breaking or entering a building at 255 Eastern Ave., Rockwell.
– Kimberly Ann Trease, 29, was charged Sept. 11 with making harassing phone calls.
– Brian Keith Ritchie, 30, was charged Sept. 11 with felony breaking and entering a building.
– Sherri F. Ortiz, 5275 Fishpond Road, reported Sept. 12 that a $200 digital camera had been stolen from her home Aug. 25.
– Two males reported they were robbed at gunpoint at 3:15 a.m. Sept. 12 in the West Rowan Grill parking lot at 8870 Statesville Blvd.
– Jeannie Carol Hinson, 172 Rocky Point, Cleveland, reported items stolen from her home between Aug. 31 and Sept. 10.
– J.P. Fleming, 134 Elderberry Lane, reported cash and other items totaling $1,000 in value were stolen during a Sept. 13 burglary at his home.
– David Leon Owens, 1820 River Road, Richfield, reported items valued at $1,000 stolen from a building on his property the night of Sept. 11.
– Sue Kirk Freeman, 1680 River Road, Richfield, reported items valued at $868 stolen from a building on her property between Sept. 11 and 13.
– Allen Wayne Warren, 26, and David Gordon Edwards, 21, were charged Sept. 13 with misdemeanor larceny of $17 worth of beer from Ellis Community Store, 3381 Old Mocksville Road.
– Brittany Nicole Weaver was charged Sept. 13 with simple possession of marijuana at 6637 Wright Road, Kannapolis.
– Joan Richardson Godwin, 106 Biltmore Ave., Kannapolis, reported vandals broke a window, causing $1,000 damage, at her home Sept. 12.
– David Benton of Mooresville reported a burglar broke into a building at 3255 Bradshaw Road, Mooresville, the night of Sept. 12 and stole $4,000 worth of tools.
– Terry Lane Graham, 54, was charged Sept. 13 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Sylvia Troutman Graham, 107 Rutledge St., China Grove.
– James Randall Blevins reported someone shot the windshield in his vehicle Sept. 13 at 8688 Dogwood Drive, Kannapolis.
– Shawnte Hooker was charged Sept. 14 with possession with intent to sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance after the vehicle in which she was a passenger tried to evade a traffic checkpoint on Cedar Springs Road.
– Delvin Rashadd Davis, 31, and Charmaine Allen, 30, were charged Sept. 14 with resisting, obstructing and delaying a public officer at 280 Arrowood Road.
– Edward Blake Ashworth, 2520 Ritchie Road, China Grove, reported two motorcycles were stolen from his property between Sept. 4 and 14. Total loss was $6,400.
– Brian Thomas Burchette reported an all-terrain vehicle stolen Sept. 13 while he was in a restaurant at 5200 S. Main St.
– Gary Wayne Davis of Gold Hill reported a van containing tools stolen Sept. 13 or 14 from 485 Hawkridge Lane. Total loss was $6,500.
– Julia Yvette Robinson, 34, was charged Sept. 12 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance.
– Adam Chad Roberson, 25, was charged Sept. 12 with felony possession with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI controlled substance at 4420 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell.
– Derryck Laine Kesler, 21, was charged Sept. 13 with felony second-degree burglary at 2950 Emmanuel Church Road.
– Jamie Scott Cupp, 39, was charged Sept. 13 with second-degree trespassing.