Blotter: Burglar steals clippers, cash from barber shop
A burglar stole clippers, cash and change from a candy machine after breaking into a local barber shop, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The theft occurred June 27 at White’s Barber Shop, 224 S. Main St.
In other Police Department reports:
– David C. Johnston, 1702 Benjamin Drive, reported a scooter stolen from his garage during a June 27 burglary.
– Dashon Kyle Johnson, 28, 1317 Parkview Circle, was charged June 27 with felony selling/delivering a Schedule II controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and driving while license revoked following a traffic stop in the 400 block of Park Avenue. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Walter Lee Daugherty Jr., 38, 555 Hope Hill Road, was charged June 27 with misdemeanor shoplifting of a beer at Circle K, 1015 E. Innes St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a July 30 trial date.
– Jeffrey A. Howe reported a credit card stolen from a motor vehicle parked at 109 Oakview Drive the night of June 26.
– Pat Cotrell, 410 Wildwood Drive, reported a satellite radio stolen out of his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of June 26.
– Charles Diaz reported a Bluetooth headset stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 310 Oakview Drove the night of June 26.
– John Thomas Knight reported the floor mats and steering wheel cover stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 403 Travis Lane June 27.
– The unauthorized use of a Rowan-Salisbury Schools’ fleet gas card is under investigation.
– Kyle Jordan Newman reported a GPS system, laptop computer and CDs stolen out of his truck while it was parked at Walgreens, 1505 E. Innes St., June 27.
– John Moscardini reported vandals pulled phone lines and damaged an exterior light at La Cava Restaurant, 329 S. Church St., June 27.
– A juvenile was charged June 27 with using a bicycle to damage Mirela Dizdarevic Mehmedovic’s vehicle parked at 1215 Celebration Drive June 27.
– Witnesses reported juveniles set fire June 27 to a Waste Management dumpster at 715 Hall St.
– A radio was stolen out of a vehicle parked at Rives Motor Co., 1616 E. Innes St., June 27.
– Demetrius Tyrome Whisonant, 16, 1614 Standish St., No. 8A, was charged June 27 with felony theft of a truck owned by Pave South from 630 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. The truck was recovered after Whisonant was stopped in the vehicle. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Ricky Lee Boling, 50, 305 N. Main St., Granite Quarry, was charged June 28 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after officers investigated a parked vehicle after dark at Kelsey Scott Park, 1920 Old Wilkesboro Road. He was held under $3,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Rafael Santiago, 23, 1200 W. Fisher St., No 1C, was charged June 28 with simple assault based on a complaint by Rosa Ortiz. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Aug. 4.
– A 38-year-old man was shot June 28 in the Pine Hill Apartments parking area at 410 W. 15th St.
– Tishia Rashel Pratt reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 2725 Cottage St. the night of June 27.
– Richard Mathias Bosco reported $162 stolen June 28 from Rehab House, 413 Institute St.
– Tracy Lea Angel reported fishing poles and a tackle box stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 519 N. Shaver St. June 28.
– Jeff Watkins reported someone tried to break into Noble and Kelsey Funeral Home, 223 E. Fisher St., June 28.
– Aubrey James Childers reported approximately 60 CDs stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 416 Wildwood Drive the night of June 26.
– Warren Antonio Still, 827 E. Lafayette St.,reported his scooter stolen June 28 from in front of his home.
– Two counterfeit bills were passed June 28 at Harris Teeter, 850 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– William Lytle reported a June 28 larceny at 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– James Teal reported a June 29 vandalism at 1336 Standish St.
– Olman Yovany Ramire, 1609 Lakewood Drive, reported vandals broke a window at his property June 29.
– A counterfeit $20 bill was passed June 29 at Sonic Drive-In, 934 W. Innes St.
– Catalino Erasmo Ramirez, 1200 W. Fisher St., reported someone removed a key from his vehicle and used it to enter his home and steal $30 in coins.
– James Long reported a June 29 vandalism at 1430 W. Horah St.
– Arrington Jovan Turner, 22, 721 N. Ellis St., was charged June 27 with second-degree trespassing at 100 Clancy St. and failing to appear in court. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a July 31 trial date.