Blotter: Battery, starter and catalytic converter stolen off vehicle parked on Gwynn Street
The battery, starter and catalytic converter were stolen off a vehicle parked at the owner’s home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
David Dubose Jr., 170 Gwynn St., reported the items, valued at $275, were stolen the night of Sept. 23.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Millisa Jenne Sierawski reported the Sept. 24 theft of a check from the 200 block of Stoner Morgan Road.
– Vandals caused more than $1,000 damage at Donny’s Western Store, 12725 U.S. 52, Gold Hill, the night of Sept. 23.
– A burglar broke into Carolina Quarries, 280 Comolli Road, Rockwell, between Sept. 19 and 22 and stole items valued at $950.
– Christopher Todd Peeler, 24, was charged Sept. 25 with felony larceny at 219 Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis. He is accused of stealing automobile accessories valued at $5,205 from Joe Ervin Grading, 350 Ervin Woods Drive, Kannapolis, the night of Sept. 23.
– A burglar broke into Rollins Construction Co., 465 Huntington Drive, Rockwell, between Sept. 1 and 24 and stole $450 worth of copper tubing and house wire.
– Randy Wayne Morris Jr., 435 Panther Point Road, Richfield, reported someone stole the power meter off his home Sept. 24.
– Nick Daniel Troutman, 525 Farm House Road, reported electronic items valued at $620 stolen during a Sept. 24 burglary at his home.
– A student was charged Sept. 25 with possession of liquor by anyone under age 21 at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Timothy S. Norris, 485 Sells Road, reported his 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee stolen from his driveway the night of Sept. 24. The vehicle is valued at $9,500.
– Bobby Gene Austin, 135 Cedar Ridge Lane, China Grove, reported Sept. 25 that a handgun, holster and ammunition had been stolen from his home between April 15 and June 1. The items are valued at $286.
– Jeff Kirby of Kirby Realty reported vandals damaged a vacant house at 209 Ephraim Drive Sept. 25. His company had been hired to market the house owned by Countrywide Homes.
– The catalytic converter was cut off a vehicle parked behind the Saleeby Fisher YMCA, 790 Crescent Road, Rockwell, between Sept. 3 and 25.
– Bill Kluttz, 9560 N.C. 801 Mount Ulla, reported the Sept. 25 theft of a $10,000 tractor and an $800 trailer from his property.
– Richard Walter Trombley, 283 Stafford Estates Drive, reported the Sept. 25 theft of a $700 handgun from his home.
– Jennifer Alicia Reid, 25, was charged Sept. 25 with felony uttering a forged instrument.
– Joseph Wayne Torrence, 21, was charged Sept. 25 with misdemeanor child abuse at 3405 Rockwell Road, Rockwell.
– Crystal Dawn Cook, 33, was charged Sept. 25 with injury to personal property.
– David Lee Winecoff, 20, was charged Sept. 25 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at the intersection of Farm House and Barringer roads.
– A student was charged Sept. 19 with assaulting a Rowan County Sheriff’s deputy at Erwin Middle School, 170 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Larry Wingler of Kannapolis reported Sept. 25 that items valued at $2,970 were stolen July 5 from his property at 2339 St. Matthew’s Church Road, Lot 16.
– Scott R. Jessee, 7815 Stokes Ferry Road, reported the theft of a $2,000 air conditioner from his home between Sept. 13 and 25.
– Zachery Joshua Russell, 17, was charged Sept. 26 with possession of drug paraphernalia at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Barbra Jean Browning of Cleveland reported furniture, a television, sewing machine and copper electrical wiring stolen between Sept. 19 and 26 from an unoccupied mobile home at 1470 Brison Road, Woodleaf. Total loss was $3,620.
– Jacquelin D. Bowers, 3425 Bringle Ferry Road, reported a $1,280 riding lawn mower stolen from her property between Sept. 2 and 26.
– Diana Styles Schwenk, 1520 Hart Road, Woodleaf, reported her two dogs were stolen the night of Sept. 21. The animals are valued at $750 each.
– Ryan Matthew Billotte of Rockwell reported vandals threw rocks, damaging his bicycle, Sept. 26 at 4400 Daugherty Road, China Grove.
– Randy Eugene Josey of Salisbury reported the theft of $1,275 worth of fishing equipment and tools from a storage building at 250 Sun Valley Drive between Sept. 22 and 27.
– Kathy Smith reported Sept. 27 that items had been stolen from her 2339 St. Matthew’s Church Road property between July 5 and 10.
– Isais Martinez, 36, 2475 Jacob Bost Road, was the victim of an accidental shooting Sept. 27 at 1410 Airport Road. The report stated he was shot in the heel while he was trying to shoot a chicken for dinner.
– Jeff Edward Roseman of Salisbury reported vandals threw a rock, striking his vehicle as he was driving on Daugherty Road in China Grove Sept. 27.
– Randall Tutterow reported vandals damaged a window at 630 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove, Sept. 27.
– Alejandro Sanchez-Diaz reported the theft of $900 worth of copper wire from Rowan Granite Quarry, 3025 Artz Road, the night of Sept. 26.
– Wendy Shelby, 1255 Leonard Road, and Linda Garrett, 6255 Goodman Lake Road, reported vandals damaged their mailboxes Sept. 27.
– Bruce Allen Hartford, 42, was charged Sept. 28 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance following a vehicle stop at 2705 Faith Road.
– Sema Kham Azad reported his wallet stolen Sept. 28 at the Webb Road Flea Market, 905 Webb Road.
– Jared Travis Hager, 20, was charged Sept. 27 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building at 330 Mike Drive.
– Sammy Biggerstaff, 60, and Sheila Biggerstaff, 59, were charged Sept. 27 with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at 8490 Wright Road, Kannapolis.
– Samuel Ray Abbott, 20, was charged Sept. 27 with carrying concealed weapons at 1698 E. Innes St.
– Paul Leveren Davis, 27, was charged Sept. 28 with felony obtaining property by false pretenses.
– Israel Lima Dubon, 34, was charged Sept. 28 with simple assault at 330 Moon Circle.