Blotter: Baseball equipment worth $1,119 stolen
Baseball equipment valued at $1,109 was stolen from a China Grove home between Aug. 25 and 30, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Charles Lynn Penninger, 175 Willow Oaks Drive, China Grove, reported the theft Sept. 4.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Justin Sherrill Short, 1395 Robertson Road, reported a burglar broke into his home Sept. 4.
– Glenn Roger Wagoner, 305 Tobas Road, Rockwell, reported four guns valued at $2,150 stolen from his home during a Sept. 4 burglary.
– John Paul Jones, 3740 Patterson Road, China Grove, reported a catalytic converter and other vehicle accessories stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at his home Sept. 4.
– Jeffrey Wayne Pope, 35, was charged Sept. 5 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Leisha Glover Leach, 201 Morlan Park Road.
– Mark Edward Durham, 40, was charged Sept. 5 with communicating threats.
– Bethany Renee Godair reported two catalytic converters stolen off vehicles owned by Cornerstone Church while they were in the church parking lot at 315 Webb Road the night of Sept. 4. Total loss was $1,200.
– Jody Leon Huffman, 38, was charged Sept. 5 with felony taking/obtaining a financial transaction card at 1280 Mount Moriah Church Road, China Grove.
– David Avlta Garcia, 22, was charged Sept. 5 with first-degree rape.
– Andrew Yost of Salisbury reported a $2,000 central heating and air condition unit stolen between Sept. 2 and 5 from 1510 Miller Chapel Road.
– Emmet Eugene Myers, 72, was charged Sept. 5 with felony failure to register as a sex offender.