Blotter: Arsonist torches flower bed
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
An arsonist torched a Rockwell woman’s flower bed, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Anita Mata Luna, 1056 Percy Lane, Rockwell, told deputies the flower bed behind her home was set on fire about 12:30 p.m. Oct. 14.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Brandon Craig Smith, 21, was charged Oct. 14 with possession of stolen goods following a vehicle stop on Roseman Road at Bertie Avenue.
– Tina Hardwick Cline, 426 Cress Loop Road, reported a GPS unit and camera stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Oct. 6.
– Mildred Lane Bentley of Salisbury reported she had been a victim of credit card fraud between July 18 and Oct. 8.- Lisa Ann Revis reported vandals broke the passenger window in her vehicle while it was parked in the 10000 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville, the night of Oct. 13. Damage totaled $285.
– Felicia Ellis Bush, 230 Dapple Lane, reported her vehicle stolen from her home Oct. 1. The vehicle is valued at $2,000.
– Emerelt Brooks Reid, 255 Old Mill Pond Road, Rockwell, reported medication stolen from his home between 6 and 10 p.m. Oct. 9.
– Frank Joseph O’Brien III reported an aluminum john boat, motor and trailer stolen from the parking area at 3510 Stokes Ferry Road between Oct. 1 and 14. Total loss was $1,500.
– Steve Stewart of Yadkin Valley Telephone Co. of Yadkinville, reported the Oct. 14 theft of copper telephone cable from 490 Erwin Temple Church Road, Woodleaf.
– Items valued at $1,800 were stolen Oct. 14 from a storage building at 850 St. Peter’s Church Road, Gold Hill.
– Todd Michael Kidd, 520 Mainsail Road, reported a vandalism at his home the night of Oct. 14.
– Brandon Keith Moody, 26, was charged Oct. 14 with assault on a female.
– Tabatha Angell Odle, 36, was charged Oct. 14 with misdemeanor larceny at 6800 Goodman Lake Road.
– Jessica Eagle Bradley, 24, was charged Oct. 14 with felony possession with intent to sell and deliver a controlled substance and felony selling/delivering a controlled substance to a minor.
– Reliable Pawn Shop, 107 Mooresville Road, was the victim of fraud by false pretense on two occasions, one on Oct. 15 and the other between Oct. 1 and 15.
– David Lawrence Hagaman, 17345 Dooley Road, Cleveland, reported jewelry valued at $100 stolen from his home between July 14 and Sept. 30 and a $500 saw from a building on his property between Sept. 25 and 30.
– Jeffery Scott Patterson, 23, and Jeremy Todd Patterson, 24, were charged Oct. 15 with misdemeanor cruelty to animals at 504 S. Vance St., Landis.- Janice Elaine Thomas, 8135 Smith Road, Kannapolis, reported items valued at $7,400 stolen from her home between Oct. 6 and 14.
– Terry Tyrone Bower, 980 Long Bow Road, reported his 1995 Honda Accord stolen in the early morning hours of Oct. 15 from his property.- Brian Kelley, 157 Leader Lane, Kannapolis, reported the theft of a pistol from a building on his property between Oct. 13 and 15.
– Martha Frances Mincey of Kannapolis reported she was the victim of credit card fraud involving $1,540.17 between Sept. 27 and Oct. 2.
– A vehicle valued at $3,000 was stolen from Executive Home Ltd. and Auto Sales, 1010 Julian Road, between Oct. 13 and 15.
– James Dillon Goodman, 2945 Emanuel Church Road, Rockwell, reported a $2,200 John Deere Gator stolen from his property between Oct. 12 and 14.