Blotter African art stolen from Horah Street home
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
African art was stolen during a local home burglary, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Diedre Celeste Stewart reported the items were stolen during a July 31 break-in at her 208 W. Horah St. home.
In other Police Department reports:
– Edward Eugene Sifford, 48, was charged July 30 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at the intersection of East Cemetery and North Shaver streets.
– Leslie Flanagan reported July 30 that someone had used a credit card number to fraudulently obtain cash, services and merchandise.
– William Edward Neely, 45, was charged July 30 with possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 226 N. Long St.
– Ethel Marie Blackwell reported a 1992 Honda Accord stolen July 31 from 100 Clancy St.
– Elvira Monique Jones was charged July 31 with shoplifting items valued at $30.58 from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Alma Estella Caballero reported the license plate stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. between July 26 and 31.
– Christopher Lane Bryant reported someone stole the battery out of his vehicle while it was parked at 210 Sunset Drive the night of July 30.
– Someone tried to pass a counterfeit $10 bill at Burger King, 824 E. Innes St., July 31. Other counterfeit bills, one for $10 and the other for $20, were passed at the restaurant the previous week.
– Jancinia Ingram Givens reported jewelry and money stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1122 N. Main St. July 31.
– Cedric Ross was charged July 31 with simple possession of marijuana at the corner of East Franklin and North Green streets.
– Demario Alfredo Peck, 19, 310 Candlewick Drive, was charged July 31 with felony forgery of bank notes and forgery uttering a forged instrument based on a complaint by Karen Marie Powell. He was also charged with failing to appear in court. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Raven Symone Cauthen, 18, 625 E. Franklin St., No. 4, was charged July 31 with disorderly conduct at 804 E. Franklin St. She was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 18 trial date.
– Adam Lee Gibson, 18, 804 E. Franklin St., was charged July 31 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Kristan Dawn Leonard, 206 Newsome Road. Trial date is Sept. 11.
– Marlon Jermain Barber, 19, was charged July 31 with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury at 700 E. Franklin St.
– Items were stolen from a Rowan Wholesale vehicle parked at 2204 S. Main St. Aug. 1.
– Jovan Arrington Turner, 22, 721 N. Ellis St., was charged Aug. 1 with second-degree trespassing at 100 Clancy St., No. 118C. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 18.
– Bonita Sheryl Jordan, also known as Cheryl Bewita Jordan, 38, 33 Kesler St., was charged Aug. 3 with misdemeanor larceny and felony obtaining property by false pretense based on a complaint by Tayloria Alease Kesler. She is accused of stealing a laptop computer from a motor vehicle and pawning it. She was also charged with failing to appear in court. She was held under total secured bond of $3,750 pending a first appearance in court.
– Stephanie Darlene McCracken, 22, 417 S. Lee St., was charged Aug. 1 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 931 S. Fulton St. She was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 11 trial date.
– A burglar broke into and vandalized a Salisbury Housing Authority house at 713 Partee St. on Aug. 1.