Burgular breaks in window, steals guns
A burglar stole guns and watches valued at $4,800 after breaking into a Salisbury home through a window, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Sidney Lee Hellard reported the incident occurred at his 340 Dusty Lane home Jan. 8.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
* Terry Allen Seagraves of Salisbury reported three boxes of printer paper valued at $150 were stolen from his truck while it was parked at 985 Peeler Road between Jan. 12 and 14.
* Maria Vences, 345 S. Oakhurst Drive, reported the Jan. 14 theft of items valued at $2,135 from her storage building and back porch.
* Tishia Rashel Pratt, 150 Eldon Lane, reported her wallet was stolen out of her purse at her home Jan. 14.
* Rhonda Tennant Walters, 37, 1384 Meadow Creek Drive, China Grove, was charged Jan. 14 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, simple possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and possession of less than ć ounce of a Schedule VI controlled substance. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 17 first appearance in court.
Man foiled attempting to obtain property
A Salisbury man faces multiple charges involving illegally obtaining and trying to obtain property, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Bobby Lee Steele Jr., 41, 502 N. Shaver St., was charged Jan. 22 with 16 counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense and 12 counts of felony attempting to obtain property by false pretense. He was held under $3,600 secured bond pending a Jan. 24 first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
* Joshua Howard was charged Jan. 19 with misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* Ivan Leon Chambers, 16, was charged Jan. 16 with assault inflicting serious injury at 720 E. Council St.
* Jessica Marie Fox, 20, was charged Jan. 16 with misdemeanor larceny at 306 S. Boundary St.
* Mechelle Lucille Burton, 22, was charged Jan. 17 with disorderly conduct at 100 E. Innes St.
* Justin Donnell Brown, 27, was charged Jan. 17 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 199 N. Shaver St.