Safe and $5,600 worth of jewelry stolen from China Grove home
* Marcus Wayne Livengood, 32, 8119 Smith Road, Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 28 with sexual battery. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
* Nicholas James Woolf, 18, 152 Bluefield Drive, China Grove, was charged Jan. 27 with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury and misdemeanor assault on a female. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending Jan. 29 and March 1 court appearances.
* Charles Franklin White of Woodleaf reported tools valued at $2,295 stolen after someone broke into a storage building at his former residence at 4770 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, between Jan. 24 and 27.
* Scott Esko White, 6515 W. N.C. 152, Mooresville, reported a burglar broke into his home Jan. 26 and stole two guitars, a karaoke machine and brief case. Total loss was $750.
* James Edward Belk, 170 Persimmon Lane, reported vandals caused $40 damage to his garage and front door with red paint on Jan. 26.
* Robert Troy Wilkinson, 250 Corriher Grange Road, Mooresville, reported a $200 wine cooler stolen from his basement Jan. 25 or 26.
* Thomas Anthony Moore, 3010 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 26 with resisting, obstructing and delaying an officer. He is accused of failing to comply with the officers’ orders during a domestic disturbance at 810 S. Zion St., Landis.
* Daniel Wayne Hamilton, 31, 1024 N. Titan Drive, Salisbury, was charged Jan. 26 with resisting a public officer and failing to appear in court on earlier charges of assault on a government official and a misdemeanor probation violation. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 20 trial date on the new charge and was released on a written promise to appear in court March 6 on the others.
* Kimberly Aydelette Stillson, 38, 175 Knollwood Drive, was charged Jan. 27 with a school attendance law violation. Trial date is March 1.
* Sandra Lee Schaefer of New London reported someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked at the Anchor House on N.C. 152 Jan. 26 and 27 and stole a CD player. Total loss was $450.
* Terry Roger Aikens, 7150 U.S. 601, was charged Jan. 28 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Gale Adams, 200 S. Oakhurst St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 1.
* A vehicle reported stolen Jan. 27 by Angela Marie Bradley from her 440 Memory Lane home was later recovered after it had been wrecked.
* Doris Moore Scercy, 1120 Scercy Road, China Grove, reported speakers stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked at her home Jan. 27. Total loss was $500.
* Terri Pedulla reported Jan. 28 that someone had thrown a rock through the window at Pedulla Excavating & Paving Inc., 1275 Shinn Farm Road, Mooresville.
* Mona K. Joplin, 144 Bluefield Drive, China Grove, reported the theft of a $2,000 four-wheeler from her property the night of Jan. 27.
Diploma stolen from home
A thief stole a diploma from a local woman’s home, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Maria Torres Castro, 505 Lakewood Drive, told officers the document was stolen from her home between Dec. 1 and Jan. 23.
In other Police Department reports:
* Timothy Darnell Blackwell, 28, was charged Jan. 22 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 300 S. Craige St.
* Selena Washington reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 206 Newsome Road between Jan. 18 and 19.
* Chaddrick Jamael Sturdivant, 16, was charged Jan. 22 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 1920 Old Wilkesboro Road.
* Robert Alexander Steele reported a vehicle valued at $7,000 was stolen Jan. 23 from 209 Myron Place.
* Dexter Ryan McGee, 18, 922 Celebration Drive, was charged Jan. 23 with simple assault and possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is accused of possessing and shooting a toy BB gun on a school bus, striking the bus driver, Rita Marshall, in the leg twice. He was released into his mother’s custody pending a March 15 trial date.
* Tammy Safrit reported a license plate was stolen off a National Finance company car while it was parked at 440 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Jan. 23.
* Calli Ann Atwell reported a 1994 Buick Park Avenue stolen from 518 Wiley Ave. between Jan. 1 and 23.
* Antonio Jones, 22, 104 Tucker Dorm, Livingstone College, 701 W. Monroe St., was charged Jan. 23 with felony embezzlement of property by an employee. He is accused of embezzling multiple items from Hibbett Sports in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 25 first appearance in court.
* Donald Lee Bailey, 46, 646 Forney St., was charged Jan. 24 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 412-B Grace St. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 25 first appearance in court.
* Keyonna Michelle Bouier-Sailor, 20, 1619 N. Main St., was charged Jan. 26 with misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear in court April 17.
* William Sean Perry, 25, 112-E Mendota Ave., Lexington, was charged Jan. 27 with felony discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling, felony possession of a firearm by a felon and misdemeanor going armed to the terror of the people. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 29 first appearance in court.
* Antonio Shamar Davis, 20, 1007 Richard St., was charged Jan. 28 with felony receiving or transferring stolen property and failing to appear in court on a Dec. 6 simple assault charge. He was held under $4,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 29 first appearance in court.
* Christopher Morris Britt, 40, 816-A Pine St., was charged Jan. 28 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle owned by Burton T. Leonard. Trial date was set for Feb. 1.
* Lashonda Weldon Caldwell, 31, 107 Wilson Road, was charged Jan. 28 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Reiko Gabrielle Lattimore, 1820 Oak Hill, No. 2, Cleveland. Trial date was set for Feb. 1.
* Dawn Nichole Beard reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 20 from 615 S. Ellis St.
* Wilberto Ortiz Canales reported items stolen from his vehicle after someone broke into it while it was parked at 801 Lakewood Drive the night of Jan. 19.
* Rufus Edward Litaker, 818 Old Concord Road, reported vandals scratched his vehicle while it was parked in his driveway Jan. 20.
* George E. Hadley reported lawn items stolen Jan. 20 from 1340 Parkview Circle.
* Shawn Dale Jones, 30, was charged Jan. 20 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 500 E. Innes St.
* Brandon John Frick reported his vehicle was stolen while he was inside a store at 1015 E. Innes St. Jan. 21.
* Ludie Ann Young reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 21 from 1206 Bringle Ferry Road.
* Bridget Grier Henderson reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 21 from her 1512 N. Shaver St. home.
* Judith Diane Steele Merritt reported a burglar broke into her 809 S. Fulton St. apartment Jan. 21.
* Kory Kashawn Fisher reported a burglar broke into a building at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St., Jan. 21 and stole a total of $3,200 in property.
* James Rippy Jr., 1531 W. Horah St., reported a burglar broke into his storage building Jan. 22.
* Bonnie Jean Cress reported her ATM card was used fraudulently at 1518 E. Innes St. the night of Jan. 21 to withdraw $180 from her account.
* Ashley Parker reported a video game stolen from 117 Pearl St. Jan. 22.
* Clarence Edward Hopkins, 33, 1002 Locke St., Apartment 1, was charged Jan. 19 with felony second-degree rape. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 22 first appearance in court.
* Shonta Latress Jones, 27, 729 Aberdine Glenn, Charlotte, was charged Jan. 22 with felony uttering a forged instrument and felony possession of stolen goods at 630 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Jan. 24.
* Anthony Lamont Godfrey, 43, 402 Kincaid Road, Lot 8, was charged Jan. 22 with communicating threats, being intoxicated and disruptive and felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises. He was held under $6,500 secured bond pending a Feb. 28 trial date.
* Gerry Malik Brown, 49, 1122 W. Horah St., was charged Jan. 22 with being intoxicated and disruptive and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Byron Morgan Brown, 404 S. Craige St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 20 trial date.
Battery stolen from truck parked on Bringle Ferry Road
The battery was stolen out of a parked truck, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Lynette Cooper Bost told officers the theft occurred while her truck was parked at 1424 Bringle Ferry Road Jan. 31.
In other Police Department reports:
* Antonio Lajuane McDowell, 20, was charged Jan. 29 with concealment of merchandise at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* Steve Mishue reported a burglar broke into his business, Steelus Inc., 1707 S. Main St., on Jan. 31.
* Regina Revonda Brown reported the debit card she lost had been used at Wilco Hess, 500 E. Innes St., between Jan. 29 and 31.
* Wayne Monroe Allen reported a burglar entered a vacant house he owns at 609 E. Liberty St. the night of Jan. 30 and stole a $300 refrigerator.
* Sonnie Boy Miller reported vandals caused $200 damage to the rock retaining wall outside his home on Jan. 31.
* Aaron Morales reported someone has been using his Social Security number.
* Rick Mills of Kannapolis reported his cell phone was stolen from 129 Woodson St. between Jan. 28 and 31.
* Thad Mulkey reported vandals broke the passenger window in his vehicle while it was parked at the Lone Star Steakhouse, 215 Bendix Drive, on Jan. 31.
* Brandy Nicole Goodman, 26, was charged Jan. 29 with misdemeanor larceny.
Restaurant damaged in break-in
Someone broke into a local restaurant, causing $200 damage, and another $500 damage to the cash register to steal $150, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Thomas A. Burris, owner of The Lunch Box, 6266 U.S. 601, reported the break-in occurred the night of Jan. 24.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
* Blaine Springer of Tri-Electric reported Jan. 24 that someone stole $390 worth of copper wire from a house under construction at 855 Crescent Road, Rockwell.
* Ruth Corriher reported Jan. 23 that an air conditioning unit and copper tubing had been stolen from a rental mobile home at 2535 Bear Poplar Road.
* Sharon Sandberg, 315 N. Oakhurst Drive, reported Jan. 23 that two 10-foot copper tubes were stolen off the heat pump at her home.
* Spencer Lane of Spencer Lane Construction reported Jan. 23 that 1,500 feet of electrical wire was stolen from a house under construction at 381 Bramblewood Drive.
* Joe Antosek of Mid Carolina Electrical reported Jan. 23 that 1,000 feet of electrical cable had been stolen from the company’s shop at 980 Vanderbuilt Drive.
* Nora Elida Zanbudo, 155 S. Oakhurst Drive, reported items valued at $2,099 were stolen after a burglar broke into her home Jan. 24.
* George Thomas Dillard, 2800 Woodleaf Road, reported a $5,000 four-wheeler stolen from his storage building between Nov. 1 and Jan. 15.
* Barbara S. Gordon of Gordon’s Used Parts and Cars, 610 China Grove Road, China Grove, reported a burglar broke into a fenced area and building at the business the night of Jan. 24 and stole items valued at $738.
* Anita H. Waller of Salisbury, an employee at Hill’s Minnow Farm, 7940 Bringle Ferry Road, reported clothing valued at $57 stolen from the business between Dec. 1 and Jan. 25.
* Hoyt M. McCachren, 850 Bonanza Drive, reported guns and other items valued at a total of $995 were stolen during a burglary at his home Jan. 25.
* Heather Class Cline of Cooleemee reported items valued at $2,390 stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at C’s Barbeque, 8850 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland, Jan. 25.
* Jimmy Wayne Sheppard, 108 Tammy Road, reported $100 damage to a rear door frame after someone broke into his home Jan. 25.
* Cassie Nicole Walton, 19, 107 Courtney Lane, was charged Jan. 25 with resisting a public officer. She is accused of giving false information on the whereabouts of a suspect on which the deputy had warrants. She was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 27 trial date.
* Jeff H. Lyerly, 7285 Pop Basinger Road, reported he saw two men trying to break into his truck while it was parked at his home Jan. 26.
* Roy Hosch, 3475 Chenault Road, Cleveland, reported Jan. 24 that property valued at $1,200 was stolen after a burglar broke into his storage building.
* William Coble reported Jan. 24 that someone had entered a vacant house he owns at 4580 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, but nothing was missing.
* Nora Zanudo, 155 S. Oakhurst Drive, reported Jan. 24 that items valued at $3,029 were stolen during a burglary at her home.
* Michael Wayne Long, 1820 Weaver Road, reported Jan. 24 that someone had entered his home and removed a jar of coins.
* Ken Trexler of Trexler Construction reported Jan. 23 that someone broke into a house under construction at 132 Bramblewood Drive and stole an electric range.
* Mark Kolody of West Side General Store, 615 N. Enochville Ave., reported $105 damage to an exterior door caused after someone tried to break into the store the night of Jan. 22.
* Lollie Moser, 155 Liz Courtland Road, China Grove, reported the Jan. 9 theft of a Motorola cell phone.
* A thrown rock broke a window at Speedee Mart No. 4, 3425 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, the night of Jan. 22.